Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony_butler

Localiser and Approach buttons

Guest tony_butler

The Localiser and Approach buttons on the A3xx Pro and A330/340 panels do not work on my installation. The mouse changes to a hand when over the buttons but no click sound or activation. I have re-installed the aircraft and still have the same problem. Also the key cominations of CTRL-O and CTRL-A do not work. The ILS button works and the ILS data is displayed on the PFD okay. Any suggestions of how to trouble shoot this problem?Tony

Guest art

hhmmm.....land manually?sorry sorry sorry, I couldn't resist it. I apologize, it was childish and pathetic....And I unfortuately I can't help you with you problem either.Anyway, best regards and sorry for the appalling jokeEd

Guest tony_butler

Thanks Ed. Landing manually is what I have been doing. But using all the other aircraft I have (PMDG, Level-D, etc) are able to use the VOR and ILS navigation okay. It is a puzzle why it is inhibited on the PSS Airbuses on my installation as I'm sure it must work on others.Tony

Guest NormanB

Tony,Are you starting FS from the default Cessna?It sounds like your panel hasn't been properly initialised. All our Airbus family perform like the real world counterpart in that respect and utilise the LOC and APP.

Guest DannyITR

I can help as I've noticed this prob too. Not all runways have the capability for the plane to fly the glideslope on autopilot. If this is the case the buttons will simply not turn on. Secondly, you must be within range of the gliseslpe for them to work. Lastly make sure the RWY you want to land on exists (ie: 24L at YYZ FS default scenery does not exist yet and it happened to be the RWY where I was testing the auto approach for the first time lol ). Even the second time I tried on 24L at YUL and nothing but 24R YUL has it as do most other YYZ RWYs.

Guest tony_butler

Thank you for your help on this. Unfortunately this is not the problem in this case. I wish it was. On my setup all other aircraft gauges behave normally with respect to localiser and approach activation except for the PSS Airbuses. Thanks for your input anyway, much appreciated.Tony

Guest tony_butler

Norman,Thank you for reponding. I have started FS2004 with the Cessna then switched aircraft for the PSS A320 series or the A330/340 and get the same problem.When clicking the mouse on the localiser or approach buttons there isn't the click sound that you get from the other switches. Even the keyboard shortcuts don't activate the switches. I also notice that the APU Start button has to be pressed twice before it is illuminated. If I am not doing something right in the MCDU I would still expect the switches to make the click sound when touched. I even flew the A320 tutorial flight from EGGD to GCTS to make sure I wasn't missing some operation.The PSS Dash 8-300, PMDG 737 series, Wilco CRJ2004, Feelthere ERJ145, PMDG B1900 series, Ready for Pushback 747, Flight 1 DC9-30, Level-D 767, Aerosoft Eurowings Commuter Pro, and other aircraft are all behaving correctly. It is only the PSS Airbuses that are inhibiting the localiser and approach controls. Can you think of any reason why? I have tried reinstalling but still the same problem.Tony

Guest DannyITR

Dude..I'm sure its supposed to do that. I have also noticed the APU star t button issue but you need to wait approx 5 seconds after hitting the APU master switch before you can press the start button. I dont know if this is how it is in real life but it makes sense to me that power needs to be built up before you can turn the APU on. As for the LOC and APPR buttons...when I'm on final and too far away or not on a RWY that supports it I can press it and it always makes the click sounds but will only aluminate when in range of a capable RWY. Can you check something for me? Go to YUL and fly the 24R approach and see if you can get it to snag the localiser. I just did it last night and it was perfect but the other night I was on 24L and I got nothing.

Guest DannyITR

Hey I tried making a new thread but there doens't appear to be a button :(. Do you mind if I ask a question in here?If I move the thrust esing the numpab + and - keys...afterwards if I want to move it in increments using the F2 or F3 keys they only move the left engine thrust and I can't get it back. I also cannot seem to link the engines by the published E + 1 and 2 keys. I suspect that the keystroke for selectionthe engines is no longer E on the PSS airbus. Do you notice this?

Guest tony_butler

Danny,It seems you are correct regarding the APU Start button. I just tried pausing after the Master switch and it functioned okay.In answer to your other question. I have the CH Quad Throttle and found that I can control either engine individually with the throttle levers for taxiing, but the throttle levers on the screen don't move. My experience with the throttle panel is that they only respond to the keypad plus and minus. I saw a download file called thr.zip on Avsim.com under the Flightsim 2004 Utilities which allows you to use throttles without the keypad plus and minus. I haven't installed this myself as I am quite happy with the default.Tony

Guest vrapp

I'd suggest several steps:1. run flightsim manager from http://www.ranainside.com/ and diagnose your installation. With your 3rd party collection, possibility exists that some common components (gauges, specifically) got mixed up.2. upload to this thread your saved route from the airbus, and maybe a screenshot of the situation when approach does not activate.3. click on the radio in mcdu and make sure the frequency is set.4. go over all displays in the lower ecam and make sure everything is green. May be some electric problem.5. as the final effort, uninstall FS (zip up everything in order to restore it), make sure the directory is empty, reinstall FS fresh, then install only airbus and see.As for the APU,when you click on the "master" button, look at the lower ecam in APU display - "flap open" will appear there several seconds later (see systems manual, page 71). Only then the button "start" will work.

Guest tony_butler

Hi Vadim,Thank you for the response. Nobody else seems to be reporting this problem so it must be something to do with my setup. I have downloaded the Flightsim Manager and installed it. I'll try out your suggestions and hopefully find what is causing the problem.Tony

Guest higge

And you've done mouse flickering patch?Had to askJarkko

Guest lvp0412

Make sure you are in the Approach Mode in the FMC? (I forget what the airbus name for it is) Then, make sure you switch from FD to ILS up on the glareshield. Someone has to tell the plane it is landing!Hoepfully, you also have the runway programmed into the FMC at your destination airport. If not, you can put the ILS freq in on the Nav page.Yes, the APU has a pause there before starting. That allows the intake flap to open up before start-up, just like the real thing.LVP (KCVG)

Guest carlo.manda

Hi guys...I have same problem... SOMETIMES the LOC and APP buttons don't like to work...The procedure is everytime the same... Activate approach phase, set ILS freq into NAV1, NAV2 and ILS, press ILS button...I can see the LOC and GS on the screen, everything appear correct, but the button can't activate...I don't know wich is the reason of this problem... But if somebody can have a different solution at manually land i'm very happy.Carlo

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.