Sign in to follow this  
Guest SORSRR

Airbus A320 Crashing on takeoff with autopilot

Guest SORSRR

Please note that this is what works on my system, but may help others. It's was driving me crazy. Take off, kick in autopilot, and crash to the ground! Not fun!Couldn't find any clear instructions in the manuals and it was very embarrassing when flying with VatSim.OK. Been working on this all day (Maybe I should try as a Beta Tester :-)). Seems to me the A320 Pro cannot use auto pilot below 1000'.This seems to be the required sequence for departure. 1. Set: Speed (usually 250 below 10,000) 2. Set: Heading (whatever you need, usually runway heading or as instructed by ATC) 3. Set: Altitude (whatever you need or as directed by ATC) 4. Set: Vertical Rate (V/R) by pushing the knob for level flight (all zero's will show). Do not push any other knobs at this time!Now, perform a manual take off with flaps etc. as required. 1. Maintain a nice nose up of 15 degrees, then gear up etc. etc. 2. At 1000' engage auto throttle by pushing the ATHR button, and back off your manual throttle you used on take off so the ATHR can take over. 2. At 2000' (or when ever you want) engage Auto Pilot by pushing the AP button (remember your V/S is still set at zero), so set your vertical speed (V/S) to the desired climb rate (+1800 is nice). 3. If you have a flight plan filed, push the Heading knob (all dashes come up) to engage your flight plan.Set your desired speed after passing 10,000'.Once at cruise level, set your cruise speed. NOTE: If cruise speed was pre-set in the FMCU with your flight plan, just push the Speed knob (SPD all dashes will show) to insert your preset speed.Sweeeeet! Works every time!Happy flying and keep your flaps up!Air Canada 120 (ACA120)

Guest SORSRR

I got this email from PSS support today. Makes more sense than my theory.>>>No disrespect, but you are trying to use Boeing logic to fly an Airbus. (You would not believe how long it took me to stop putting my hand on the throttle as I entered the runway J )The airbus is not designed for manual throttle control. The throttle should be applied using the key pad

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.