Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubbaj

Boeing Mania

Guest bubbaj

Now, I'm not a big 'poster' on this forum but I can sit here & look at the Phoenix prodcuts that I have in my hanger. They include the 757-200 (from 2001), world airliners 777&747, Dash 8-300, Airbus Pro & A340 & finally the recent Triple7. I must admit, I really like you're work & when it comes to 2D panels, I think that with the release of the T7 you've proved that you're the best. I'm looking forward to the patch for this as I'm really keen to do some time in it. Back when the Airbus Pro was released it really was (for my money) the best available, truly groundbreaking for a commercial add on. I still love it. But the problem as we all know is that it's just too old, too tempremental (in FS9, flew flawlessly in FS2002) & in need of some love. Now, I know, I know, it wasn't supposed to work in FS9 but we all loved it so much we couldn't bare to be without it & it was patched as good as it could be. Thank you. But for Bus fans all over the world I think I can say that it no longer cuts the mustard. I'm also a big fan of the PMDG, again ground breaking stuff from those guys with the Queen, I just need to upgrade my system to make it fly right! Let's not forget the 737 from PMDG that for me at least, bridged a gap from the A320 series to the truly excellent Level-D 767. Our hobby (obsession) moves forward so quickly that it is sometimes hard to keep up. This is becasue developers such as yourself & the aforementioned keep pushing the bar higher & higher, not to mention the huge number of freeware contributers that selflessly give their work to us all. However....Currently there are three commercial 757's in development. Am I going to buy them all? No. Am I going to buy the first one to be released? Yep. You bet (as long as it isn't Captain Sim). Why? Because we're all really looking forward to a 757 (for FS9 never mind FSX). We're going nuts about them. Now as you know I'm a Phoenix fan & a Level-D fan & to be honest, I'll probably end up having both in the hanger but that's because I really do love this hobby & probably spend too much cash on it. But what I really want, really really really want more than TWO or even THREE 757's is an AIRBUS!!! Yep I've said it...an Airbus. I don't fall on either side of this "if it ain't Boeing I ain't going" or "BUS drivers do it best" stuff. I couldn't care less about all that. But what I do know is that judging by the package that was Airbus Pro & the promise of the recent T7 that you are the guys to do this.I'm not trying to bust a scoop about you're next project (that would be hard condidering what you've got on the table at the moment)! I would just like to know if you would consider it? Or is Airbus off the table for good? Is boeing is where the market 'is'. Do our American friends only fly Boeing? Do they still make Airbus in the real world? (just jokes..just jokes). But do you get my drift readers? Enough of this Boeing Mania (I've not mentioned the 787). There are other jetliners to fly.......or isn't there?Your feedback please.James

Guest vrandar

I'm not sure I'd agre that the Airbus "no longer cuts the mustard" as you put it althugh I admit that it is,like, showing its age a bit. If you do asearch through the threads here you'll see the comments that we have made about future releases.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.