Sign in to follow this  
dfish

A/T Climb problem

As I'm climbing in thrust mode/CLB/ with the speed set at 320 the aircraft pitches up to 4300 fpm allowing the speed to drain off eventually causing A-FLOOR. Instead of pitching down to increase speed it does the opposite.Dave

Guest vrandar

Firstly on initial climbout make sure you are sticking to V2+10 and don't shoot through it, otherwise when you engage the autopilot there will be a sharp pitch up as the computers battle to bring the speed back to V2+10.But that doesn't seem to be your problem here as you are further along and are in CLB. You do need to watch the pitch carefully and select the vertical speed yourself if necessary, particularly beyond about FL250. Throughout the climb I tend to have the V/S set to +2300 but beyond FL250 this comes down to +1500 then +800 then usually about +500 until I reach cruise FL. It's not the most fuel-efficient way to do things but it does prevent the risk of airspeed bleeding off and A-Floor being invoked.Rob ElliottPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtualwww.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlwww.bavirtual.co.ukairbus@speedbirdonline.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.