Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris_cook_70

Flight Controls

Guest chris_cook_70

Hi, Today I bought the pss airbus pro from the pss website along with a few liveries. I tried out the new aircraft, mostly the a321, and found that the aircraft with not leave the runway when I pull back on the joystick, even though the plane is moving way past the 'vr' speed. Also if i can get the airbus in the air and set up the autopilot to fly the plane the plane will end up going into steep dives and doing loops, whats that all about :S. I have checked joystick settings etc and all the other aircraft I have fly perfectly. I am getting the same problems with the a319/320/321, and the aircraft is under the max take off weight so it must be some sort of problem with the aircrafts. Does anyone else have this same problem or know of how to resolve it. PLease Please PLease someone help me!!!! I really want to fly the bmi a321Regards to all,chris

Guest NormanB

Chris,At a guess you are in need of the mouse flicker patch. If you can rotate from an outside view then this is your issue. A quick search will show a number of posts where Rob or I have given detailed instructions.

Guest vrandar

Some things to look and try:- You MUST start your flight sim session with a default MS aircraft. I use the Boeing 737 although I have never flown it. Make sure the avionics are on and the engines off. This can be saved as your default flight. You then switch to the Airbus and can still have that cold & dark as I do. What you must not do is to start your FS session by going straight into the Airbus. This causes all sorts of problems and is something not only confined to PSS Airbuses but affects other add-on aircraft as well.- Do you have the mouse flicker problem? You can tell by holding your mouse over one of the knobs or switches on the glareshield. If you get lots of flickering you should download the mouse flicker patch from support->product fixes at the PSS site. Actually it would be a good idea to do that anyway.- Have the IFR (the full screen) panel showing and select the F/CTRL button to bring up the Flgiht Controls page of the lower ECAM. What is your pitch trim showing? If it is showing -8.0 DOWN then I think a re-install is called for.- Using the End key on your keyboard set the pitch trim to -1.8 UP (the Home key reduces the pitch trim) and see if that helps. - Make sure you haven't got any other FS key assigned to the Home Key as this will increasingly put the pitch trim down until the aircraft doesn't take off. This happened to me when I first started flying online and had the button to talk to ATC assigned to the Home Key. It took three weeks and much embarrassment with controllers before I found that one!Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest chris_cook_70

Hi again,First I must say thanks for a quick reply. From the forums I have read and your replies, (NormanB and Vrandar), it seems that I definately need to install the mouse flicker fix. The problem is that I have searched the forum for instructions on how to use the fix and found that I have to search for the 'PSSABPRO' folder, however when I search for this folder windows cannot find it and I don't know where it is located. I'm sorry to be a nousance. Please get back to me as soon as possible!Chris

Guest Boogie

You'll find the PSSAB-Pro folder in your Aircraft folder, i.e. C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Aircraft (assuming you have FS9 on your C drive, in the default location). You probably didn't find the folder because it's name has a hyphen in it. The new panel.cfg file goes in the panel folder, within PSSAB-Pro.Hope this helps you to fly this great aircraft, the one I keep going back to (maybe I'm Airbus at heart, despite my signature below!).John.

Guest chris_cook_70

Thx for the help, all the pss team, despite the upsets I think you have done a fantastic job on your work. I bought the Airbus A340 Pro, cd add-on, a while back and that is fantastic! I was so happy to see that there was also an A319/320/321 especially in the bmi livery, the plane I flew on charter last year. I look forward to the release of 757 Professional.I'm now going to see if the fix as solved the problem.Thanks,Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.