Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Condor A320 video

Hi guys, windy day here in Valencia (LEVC), below is the METAR,LEVC 052030Z 33024G35KT 9999 FEW040 10/M07 Q1016 NOSIG ...so I thought to try and land, and made a video while I was at it. At first I recorded the flightdeck sounds because it was a live recording, but later, when I use the replay, I used music inestead so that you don't have to bear with the "don't sink, don't sink..."Music is by Hans Zimmer from the "Batman Begins" soundtrack. Let me know what you thought if it... :-) http://www.zippyvideos.com/355462956412566...ndora320/*lh287

Guest vrandar

Very good video, I particularly liked the last view from on the ground, it really showed the extent of the crosswind landing which was just within Airbus limits for a manual landing. It showed that although you had two white/two red on the PAPI your glideslope indicator on the PFD and ND showed you were under the glideslope - which you weren't! I have had the same ever since FS9 came out.It's interesting that you took autothrust out. I leave it in although of course it disconnects on touchdown.Good stuff.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Condor Captain:You take the prize if there is one. Very nice flying and very nice videography.RegardsRick (inept A340 flyer)

Guest iainsm

HiVery nice landing, wish I could do that without skidding of the runway most of the time! It also clearly demonstrates the "300" callout that I have moaned about because it doesn't actually say "three-hundred" but something strange! Also wish my runways looked as smooth textured as that, maybe thats just a setting,well cheers for the clip,Iain

Excellent vid!You can shut off the "dont sink" by deactivating the GPWS on the upper left overhead panel. This way it wont yell at ya during replays!Patrick

Guest art

Great Vid, cool flying! One question - what sound package are you using? The reverse thrust and wind-down sounds are great!Thanks and regards from EDDFEd

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.