Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

Center tank fuel pump lights

Guest Sjaako

HiOh well no FAA/JAA approval for any of the boeings than.............Cheerio Sjaako

Well, then for example you did take off with the center tank feeding the engines, how would fuel get to the engine driven fuel pumps if there was a loss of AC power? All the wing and center tank fuel pumps are AC power driven (except for the APU fuel pump in most cases), so in case of a failure, suction and gravity would feed the engines from the wing tanks. This would be highly unlikely in the event the fuel is coming from the center tank.

Guest Sjaako

Hi All,Well I take off a few times a week with feed from the CTR tank (Boeing) and still here to tell the tale.When you feed from the CTR tank doesn't mean the wing tank is exluded from the feeding lines. Even when the CTR tank is empty or restricted flow will be taken over from the wing under pressure feed or suction feed.CheerioSjaako

I guess its different depeding on the carrier. I worked for two major carriers (both Airbus and Boeing operators) and takeoff with CTR tank fuel was prohibited.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.