Sign in to follow this  
Guest skytrain

PSS Airbus Startup - Default Cessna or default Baron?

Guest skytrain

My aircraft systems keep crashing at random but mostly during the approach phase. The A320 quick flight tutorial recommends the use of the Baron as the default flight plane with engines running etc. In answer to many quetions from members of this forum I see the question "did you use the default Cessna to start the flight?". When I use the Baron my systems are steadier but not perfect. What is the correct default plane and what state must it be in prior to loading the Airbus? Should I load the default plane first or is it enough to just select it as the default flight and direcly load the Airbus?Seetella

Guest gtsouza

I've experience a similar problem....i start the fs9k as you said and then I change for the A340 and looks ok, but then I change to anohter airport, for exemple WSSS (Singapoore) and the panel of the 340 appers black and stay even if I load the Cesna agains. I'm realy tired of this! Please help

Guest skytrain

>It can be any of the default MS aircraft, it doesn't have to>be the Cessna. I use the Being 737, engines off but avionics>on.>>Rob Elliott, EGPE Inverness Thanks Rob. I will try the 737. Must I load it and start the flight with it and then only select the airbus afterwards or is it enough just to set it as the default flight and load the Airbus directly from the FS9 startup screen?Seetella

Guest vrandar

The way I do it is to have my default flight set as the 737 parked at the stand (in Malaga for no good reason whatsoever other than that I like the scenery!) with engines off avionics on. I looad this flight fro the FS s tartup screen. I don't do anything at all with the aircraft but then load the Airbus and move the aircraft to whichever airport I am starting from. I never load the Airbus directly from the FS startup screen although some do providing the default flight is set to the Microsoft aircraft.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Now if I start up into the 737, then load the A320, and then save the flight, can I just use that saved flight from now on without havig to load a default FS plane each time? I usually just fly my plane from place to place and re-save the flight at the end of each flight. That way the plane is always where I left it, at the proper gat and everythign. Rarely are the FS gate numbers anywhere near correct.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest skytrain

>>It can be any of the default MS aircraft, it doesn't have>to>>be the Cessna. I use the Being 737, engines off but avionics>>on.>>>>Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessWell Rob! I started with the default boeing with engines off. Then loaded the A320 as you explained. I climed to 18000 with no hitches. 30 minutes later at TOD I decended to 10000 as scheduled and 2 minutes after levelling off the instruments failed. I have taken screen shots to show you the progresive failure. First the flight director goes haywire. Then the MFD fails (compare the Horizon indicater on MFD with the one on the backup dislay). I have also included shots of the MCDU to show you the approach settings as well as the radio nav page. What goes wrong? as expalined this happens less if I use the Baron thought the localiser problem I am discussing under a different topic then rears its head.Seetella

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.