Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arne

Some more nose-diving issues with A319-320-321 & FSUIPC

Guest Arne

Hello all,After using the PSS A320 for years now without any problem, suddenly the 'nose-diving-problem-on-autopilot-connect' appeared.Since my last flight, I installed the Feelthere 737PIC and Activesky 6.None of the suggestions on any of the forums appeared to resolve the problem.However, I noticed that (probably some of the above software packages) had updated FSUIPC to version 3.5. Re-installment of the previous version 3.4 made the Airbus behave normally again.So does anyone know whether these problems could be due to the version of FSUIPC, or that there is still a critical setting in the later version that I might have left checked/unchecked?Happy flying,Arne

Guest vrandar

I have to say that 3.536 seems to introduce odd problems for me that I hadn't noticed with 3.4 but I've not got anything conclusive to back that up. Just a few curiojs things have happened. But make sure in the Miscellaneous page (the technical page on previous versions) that the "Discon elev trim axis for a/p" is NOT checked/ticked.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest Alexander

Rob,just found your answer after I experienced the same problems yesterday. The "discon elev trim axis" entry in FSUIPC really might be the solution, because for the Feelthere 737 PIC you have to check/tick this option. Will have a try this evening and post the results...Alex

Guest Alexander

Rob, guys,I am having a quick test right now and must say, it seems you are right: Unchecking the "discon elev trim axis" option makes everything working nice again - thank you for the hint...Alex

I've experienced the same problem, albeit a little worse. At times, the MCP speed intervention doesn't work nor does manual heading select. I have also downloaded the software three times; I'm going to see if I can locate the FSUIPC version prior to the last release and see if that makes a differences as well as loading up the Cessna (default), then changing to the PSS aircraft.Will report what I learn...also if anyone can direct me to where I can find the FSUIPC release prior to the last one, I'd appreciate it.Many thanks,baw7162404.png

Guest digitaldave

>But make sure in the Miscellaneous page (the>technical page on previous versions) that the "Discon elev>trim axis for a/p" is NOT checked/ticked.Sorry for the silly question, but how do I go about getting a registration key for FSUIPC? I don't see the options you listed, so I assume I need a registered version?Thanks :).

Guest vrandar

DigitalDAve, you can get the full registered version of FSUIPC at http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=538BAW716, please email me at the address below and I'll send you the previous version of FSUIPC.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest digitaldave

Rob,Thanks for the link. I've been doing some checking around, and found a thread that implied that if I had the unregistered version, I should be OK, as the issue with the checked/unchecked tickbox isn't an issue on the unregistered version, only the registered one... Any idea if this is true? Sorry, I didn't make a note of the thread :(.

Hi all,I have tested the A320 with three versions of FSUIPC: the current 3.5 version, the beta 3.538, and the FSUIPC that comes with the download 3.401 (I think). In any case, in each case, when the autopilot is engaged, the nose dives dramatically and if you engage the a/p anywhere close to the ground (less than 3000 feet), chances are high that you will have uncommanded contact with terrain. In addition, there is a problem with the autothrottle; it continues to accelerate even if you execute speed intervention through the MCP.After testing these versions, I am reasonably comfortable in concluding that FSUIPC is NOT the problem. What I have yet to do is merge the PSS panel with an iFDG aircraft to see if the problem is in the .air file or in the panel file. That is next.BTW, a similar problem exists with the A330/A340 download.To Norman and PSS: Has someone changed your download, or heaven forbid, have you been hacked into and someone sabotaged your download program? You may want to check, because I find it really odd that the aircraft performed flawlessly until recently and now, the thing will not fly on a/p. It also makes me wonder about the 777; why some people report certain faults and others report different ones. Also, I am now having problems with my 777 that I did not encounter before; basically the FMS is now useless, where before, only certain aspects were bad (and previously reported).Something to consider...and offered in the framework of "there may be something rotten in your server".Dave baw7162404.png

As discussed above, I did a merge test with the iFDG aircraft (for which there is a published merge for the two products...although it comes from the iFDG side). The same exact nose dive existed when engaging the autopilot. I don't know what else to do except pull FS9 completely off my computer, reload it and see, once downloaded, if that fixes the problem. I have not ruled out something possibly downloaded somewhere else that has corrupted a .dll file which may cause the exact fault.To Norman and PSS: Any thoughts on this subject, or any other suggestions for testing that we can do to isolate the problem? I find it very hard to believe that something that has been working fine before (in FS9.1) would suddenly go haywire after a fresh download. Will advise upon completion of the reload of FS9 and the aircraft.baw7162404.png

Guest NormanB

>Hi all,>To Norman and PSS: Has someone changed your download, or>heaven forbid, have you been hacked into and someone sabotaged>your download program? Dave,I've had a draft to your very long email for a few days but to clarify, the files on the servers remain identical. I hope to finish the email to you later when I get home.

>Hello all,>>>After using the PSS A320 for years now without any problem,>suddenly the 'nose-diving-problem-on-autopilot-connect'>appeared.>>Since my last flight, I installed the Feelthere 737PIC and>Activesky 6.>>None of the suggestions on any of the forums appeared to>resolve the problem.>>However, I noticed that (probably some of the above software>packages) had updated FSUIPC to version 3.5. Re-installment of>the previous version 3.4 made the Airbus behave normally>again.>>>So does anyone know whether these problems could be due to the>version of FSUIPC, or that there is still a critical setting>in the later version that I might have left>checked/unchecked?>>>Happy flying,>>Arne>Arne, Ive had the same problems, before but now I got my a319 320 321 to all work fine. First make sure your fs9 joystick settings are set to defaults, second before takeoff trim elevator to -1.8UP, and third always start flight from default flt w/cessna 172 at KSEA. Hope that helps.

Guest vrandar

You don't have to be at KSEA (I always start at Malaga LEMG) and you don't have to start the FS session with the default Cessna, the default Boeing 737 is just as good for this purpose - make sure avionics are ON whichever one you choose. Apart from that I agree with your recommendations.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

As I stated earlier, I planned to off load FS9 completely, run spyware check, registry cleaner, then defrag...after that reload FS9 then the AirbusPro. This has been accomplished.After reloading FS9 with the 3.401 version of FSUIPC that came with the Airbus, and following the instructions noted my esteemed colleague at BAV Rob Elliott, I was successful in operating the Airbus A320, programmed FLEX takeoff, autopilot normal operation and full autoland. Therefore, the problem with the Airbus Pro is NOT with PSS or any of its downloads for the base product. The thing is rock solid. Before going to the draconian steps I have taken to solve the problem, I would suggest following my next few posts, as I will be reloading programs and continuing to test as I go to see if I can isolate the particular program that caused the Airbus to go haywire in the first place.As an aside, I will also reload the 777 before doing this, to see if this also resolves some of the 777 problems as well, or if the loading of this program affected the Airbus. I will report when completed, probably later today.Kind regards,Dave LambCaptain A320/B767 (baw716)British Airways Virtual

I believe I found the problem...I downloaded the 777 and flew it on a loop around KSEA; takeoff 34R, climb to 5000, ANVIL, WNSLO, FOURT, MILLT, then setup for ILS34L. The FMS accepted the input, although I could not close the discon at FOURT. Checked the manual...just would not accept it. I flew it anyway.The same FMS problems occured; wrong updated times, but it actually flew the route quite nicely, up to 5000, engaged at 1000 feet, LNAV, a/p at 3000 feet, VNAV and everything went pretty well. It made very wide turns and overshot WNSLO, which from ANVIL at 250kts is an easy turn...it should not have done that. At FOURT, I went to HDG sel, then flew it back toward the ILS. It captured the LOC, but not the APPR. However, a funny thing happened: I could not disengage the autopilot. I tried every which way from Sunday; it would not disengage. The aircraft began to sink with elevator trim; I had no manual control at all. The aircraft actually crashed; but not by much...When I reloaded the A320, loaded up the same route, everything was fine until I turned to final and slowed down. The engines suddenly quit. At 3000 feet at 160 kts, with no APU started, it was impossible to recover and I crashed.I believe the problem lies in the download of the 777. One of the gauge files on the 777 may be corrupting the other PSS aircraft. Unfortunately, the only way to know this is to uninstall the aircraft and see if this theory is correct. If I can get the gauge files out, then get the A320 to fly again properly, then we will know for sure.Stay tuned...Dave Lamb(baw716)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.