Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX

a320

Guest FLEX

1.hey guys i would like to if there is anyway to limit the bangking spped and descent speed. im mean the plane doesnt banks slowly it banks very fast and when i click on the Vnav the plane pitches down very fast! is there a way i can change this seeting in the aircraft.cfg or the airfile?2.can you guys explain what is the use of the flex? is it desame with derated takeoff where i manage the temperature for take off? and where can i downlad this flex chart?3. the battery and external power and the apu is not working. a few minutes the plane just turns off like the nav lights.Many thanks Raj,

Guest vrandar

OK, lets start with number 3 first. You must start your FS session with a default MS aircraft, for example the Cessna or the Boeing 737, with avionics ON. Then load the PSS Airbus. You need to do this because many parameters are not loaded if you go straight in to the Airbus.If you have registered FSUIPC then make sure the battery life is set to being on indefinitely. If you have the unregistered version of FSUIPC then in your aircraft.cfg in the electrical section add the line:electric_always available=1Now to question 2: Flex is the standard takeoff thrust setting used on Airbus aircraft, unless departing from a contaminated (wet/ icy) runway or if performance constraints (short runway or hot & high) exist, in which case TOGA thrust is used.Flex takeoff settings use an assumed temperature thrust reduction to preserve engine wear and prolong engine life.The assumed Flex temperature used (e.g. 40 degrees C) reflects the thrust which would be achieved from a TOGA takeoff with that outside air temperature (+40 C in that example).Unfortunately a programming error in the PSS Airbuses means that you won't see any difference in the thrust at N1% unless you use negative flex temps. But it is not just a question of adding a minus and leaving the number as it would have been. I have done some tests and the approximate N1% figure for different flex temps is shown at the following link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=5847&mode=full or look on the next page of this forum for the thread called Flex TO Temp.Now for the first question:It's always worth doing a search on this forum as most questions, like this one, seem to have come up a few times.I have never found the banking characteristics to be bad at all in the Airbus but you can do some short-term changes by right-clicking the INIT key on the MCDU and scrolling through until you find the right page. But be warned: we don't suppoprt any changes made here and you can cause complete havoc with your flight dynamics. You can also make changes through the .air file but this is best avoided unless you know what you are doing and are prepared for problems. Again, we can't support any alterations that you make to .air files.On pitching down there are some techniques which you need to become familiar with, one is to start your descent just before the TOD so the aircraft is not always trying to catchup with the descent profile. Secondly, I find controlling descent (and the climb) using V/S mode and setting your rate of climb/descent into the window on the FCU. It does mean you are in selected mode rather than managed so have to watch it carefully but it provides a good deal of control.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest FLEX

thanks for your help sir! very much appreciated. actually it banks fast not steep but i see it when the plane bank the wing drops slightly fast hehe.btw, is there anyway i can create a dme arc on the fmc? or like this1.jpgMany thanks!Raj

Guest vrandar

You can certainly create DME arcs. Go to the airbus hangar at Speedbirdonline in my address below and look for the fixes and dme arcs file. My tutorial will also show you how to create PBD (Place/Bearing Distance) fixes to help with the approach you showed in the picture above.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.