Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbill

Electrical Problem, A340

Guest mbill

I've flown this PSS A340 for several months with no problems. Now, within 5 minutes of starting up I get an "electric" failure. If I take off this way, the landing gear won't retract.All of my failure settings are set to NO failures. This happens regardless of what add-ons I might be using. It happens when flying the A340 by itself, with no add-ons.I tried a couple of things that I read in another thread (like CTRL-M) and adding a line to the cfg file. Nothing works.Does anyone know how to correct this?

Hi,A couple of suggestions:a) start FS with the default aircraft, powered up with avionics ON.:( switch to A340, if running from cold and dark setup, you will have to go through checklist, otherwise, fire up the APU, start engines and see if you have power after that.c) do you have the PSS B777 loaded on your FS? If you do, this could be the cause of your problem. I discovered through testing over the last couple of days that the B777 may have a common gauge with other PSS aircraft that is corrupted. The PSS airbus runs fine, then you download the 777, then there are problems with the PSS airbus.The solution is to offload the 777, then offload FS (unfortunately, I don't know which gauge files left are affected by the download, so its quicker to offload, defrag and reload FS, then the PSS Airbus.See the thread on the A320/A321 pitching up and down; I have documented all the testing there.Hope this helps.kind regards,Dave-Baw716

Guest mbill

Thanks, Dave. I'll give your suggestion a try. (No...I don't have the PSSB777).

Guest NormanB

All PSS aircraft use one gauge each. They are:Dash PSS-Dash8.gauVulcan PSS-Vulcan.gauConcorde PSS-concorde.gauABPro PSS-a320.gau A330/A340 PSS-A330.gauB777 PSS-B777.gauThere are no other gauges.

Guest mbill

The problem was that the Generators were off (as was suggested). The overhead panel gave no indication of it. Now, as soon as I begin, I do CTRL E which turns on the Alternator and all of the Generators, according to Flight Keeper. Again, I see no indication of this happening when I look at the overhead panel. I don't start Cold and Dark because I don't get that much enjoyment from starting this way. The unfortunate result is that I don't have an appreciation or knowledge of what goes on when starting up from Cold and Dark. I don't know why I started having this situation, but it's solved.I also wish that this plane gave a better indication of a problem like this. The overhead panel gives NO clue, as far as I can tell. Was this an oversite by the design folks, I wonder?

Guest NormanB

Please dont forget to sign your posts.Please ensure that the master battery and avionics are on in your default flight.

Guest mbill

I'm not sure I follow you regarding signing my posts. You can see who posted every message. In this case "mbill". What else is needed and why? "GORDONB" posted and "GORDON" signed. I'm missing something, but not sure what.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.