Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrapp

Entering route point based on LLZ - how?

On many approach charts, the distances are specified from LLZ. How to enter those waypoints, including the missed approach route, into MCDU? If it was VOR, then VOR/course/distance works fine, but how to enter them based on LLZ? thanks,Vadim Rapp

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Edit: Since writing this I've realised it doesn't exactly answer your question. You have to base the fix on a place (whether that is a VOR or NDB) or lat/lon coordinates. You can enter the LL fix as described below or it has to be a PBD or PBX (Place-Bearing/Place-Bearing) fix.For the lat/lon fix you enter it as a next waypoint in the same way you would for a PBD fix. But the format is: 5353.2N/312.6WThe following text is from my fixes and DME arcs tutorial available in the Speedirdonline Airbus hangar in my address below:"This is rarely used as it can be difficult to work out exact latitude and longitude co-ordinates. But if you have appropriate charts or FSNavigator you can enter a specific latitude/longitude fix. Looking at the chart on the previous page the interception of the A25 and W2D airways is at coordinates of 5353.16N/00312.55W. To enter this as a fix you would enter it in the format:5353.2N/312.6WThen press the

Sign in to follow this