Sign in to follow this  
VH_JLC

Course select?? an A320 is CRAPOLA!

Cant select my course for navigating VOR's an ILS's ive looked though the FMC an tried setting it the RAD/NAV button.. but i keeps coming up "not allowed" now after figuring out this particulary poor representation of an FMC having this hold me back from flying "PERFECT APPROACHES" is really annoying!ive only just got the PSS Airbus an have read around these forums to only see massive amounts of problrms with these packs PSS are releasing! If i had known which should have been made clearly visible that this is for FS2002 i woulda kept my money an shopped else where!! These people @ PSS have released good looking aircraft which are visually SUPERB but techically CrApOlA!!!!With all these problems in the forum here why dont you people at PSS fix this PAYWARE aicraft by releasing it for FS2004, an also we have the risk of this A320 Package being totally incompatible with the forth coming FSX!!When i PAY!! for something i expect assurance quality not this crap you's should think seriously about releasing some updates an quality fixes, i an many others will shop else where.. or even i'd hate to mention here but look toward a hacker site.. Since you's have taken money an by 80 odd pages of problems on this forum should be fixing!!PERMINATLY

Cheers Josh Cliff

>If i had known which should have been made clearly visible>that this is for FS2002 i woulda kept my money an shopped else>where!! well i think most of the guys around here would know that this product was originally made for FS2002... given that it was released before FS2004...so i guess in a sense it doesn't really have to be made clearly visible, if you did enough research before purchases you wouldve known (e.g. AVSIM reviews)

Guest vrandar

Obviously everyone at PSS is disappointed that you have not had a successful experience so far with the PSS A320 which many, many pilots find is a very good aircraft. Without doubt the panel and MCDU are the best Airbus ones on the market by a long long way. But it is showing its age somewhat as it was originally written about 4 years ago for FS2002. It was patched to make it work with FS9 where Microsoft had introduced a huge number of changes that caused problems for the developers. The Airbus takes time to learn - concepts like managed and selected mode are crucial - and if you are a Boeing pilot you need to forget most of what you know. It is definitely worth persevering with and we are on the forum every day and are willing to answer whatever questions you have - providing the language is toned down a bit please :)On the specific points you have made: if something in the MCDU is telling you it is not alllowed it means that either you are entering the data in the wrong format or that possibly you don't have the latest AIRAC navdata installed. I suspect it's the former so if you would like to post here what you are trying to enter and when we can check that you are doing it in the format the MCDU expects (which is not always, if ever, the sameway as in a Boeing computer). But if it's the latter and you have old/corrupt navdata, go to www.navdata.at and download the most recent which is 0513 and install it in the the flight simulator 9 PSS navdata folder.If you are trying to set up your ILS approach in the RAD NAV page first that is not the place to do it. You need to click the left line select key (LSK) next to your arrival airport in the F-PLAN page. Then select the runway you are planning to land at and select a STAR associated with it if there is one. That will then put the airport and runway code into your F-PLAN and will look like EGKK26L for example. As part of your descent checks you should press the ILS key on the FCU on the glareshield to put the ILS freq and DME memo into the bottom left of your PFD. I also do a double check here and make sure that on the RAD NAV page the ILS freq is showing at LSK3L. If all these are in place it is a fair bet you will have a successful ILS capture. On the descent checks you should also enter the approach QNH, wind data etc by scrolling through the PERF page. Then at about 3000 feet you should activate and confirm the approach mode on the PERF page and at that point I then press the LOC button on the FCU. When the glide path indicator shows one point above centre on the right of the PFD you should then press the APPR button. If you are doing an autoland I would recommend you activate A/P2 and enter the ILS freq at LSK1R in the RADNAV page.That was a very brief explanation and as I'm at work without the simulator in front of me it is not as detailed as I would have liked, but it should hopefully point you in the right direction. So do talk us through your flight planning and flights and what goes wrong (or well) and what you want to do but can't. We are here to help.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest lvp0412

Ignorance has a loud voice! Sounds like someone doesn't like to read-up on this complicated machine before blast off.LVP

>Ignorance has a loud voice! Sounds like someone doesn't like>to read-up on this complicated machine before blast off.>>LVP>Yep heaps smart.. ignorance has a new name "LVP"I check an go through manuals before posting in forums!Its seemed stranged that the PMDG an LVLD 767 are easy an life like to use but this seemed a little out of the ordinary..Vrandar thanks for you help an i have already fixed my problem (but i still recommed a perminate patch or 2 since it is payware an there quite a few bugs in her armour..)Your timely response was well welcomed an iformation provided was usefull.. thanks againVH-JLC

Cheers Josh Cliff

Guest vrandar

What did you do that fixed your problem?General statements like "there are quite a few bugs" doesn't actually help us a lot and these things can be (although I admit are not always) greatly affected by the user's own system, other aircraft loaded and so on. So if you can provide specifics of what a problem is and anything you did to solve it this helps us and others.Pesonally I don't agree that there are lots of bugs. Although we don't provide support for it, the merge of the iFDG model and FDE with the PSS panel irons some things out and is my combination of choice. I have no issues at all with my aircraft so you might wish to consider that route.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

I was trying to land at YBBN an the FMC did not recognise it there for diddn't pick up any of the runways, hence not letting it select the appropriate "COURSE"I had already D/L'd the navdata an worked fine for every other airport that i flew to..I had a friend send me his YBBN out of his FS9 directory an simply overwite the existing YBBN file..Leaving me to my conclusion that that one file some how was corrupt an or damaged...But all is good now..Cheerz for tryin to help..VH-JLC

Cheers Josh Cliff

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.