Sign in to follow this  
Guest @viator

Airbus panels

Guest @viator

Hello all,i've purchased the phoenix airbus pro packages a little while back, i mean the A319-321 upto A330 and A340.Since i am a big fan of Airbus.Since i am to stupid to fly a real one, i can only fly one on pc :)When installed, everything looked beautifull and worked out just fine.Only issue i have, and i know this has been mentioned a numberes of times, but the problem I have; is the nightflood lights.And even missing the option to turn out the lightning at all and only use the button lightining.In my opinion the brightness of the light does not excactly match the real thing.I find it to be a little anyoying doing evening flghts because of this.I know you guys said that there weren't any updates planned, tbh I think that's a little strange.You guys are making new sims every time, but do not maintain the older versions, which are bought by people aswell.Now, maybe there are other simmers who did find a way to adjust the settings to a little less brighter?And even some wizz kids who managed to make the lightning interface part of the edittable subjects on the panel.Maybe the rest of the upper panel aswell (fire, etc), or is that to much asked :|For the rest no trouble flying or what so ever, it's only this that makes me realize i am flying a sim, and not a real plane.O yeah, that, and my wife screaming from the kitchen that it's time for washing up :(Greetings Stefan

Guest vrandar

We are not doing an update of the existing Airbus A320 family because much of the code relates to FS2002 and was patched to make it work with FS9. We are therefore constrained a lot by the limitations that were imposed at the time of development which was a good 4 to 5 years ago now. So we have to hope that a new A320 family will be released for FS9/FSX which will address all of the issues reported here on the forums.PErsonally I have never had a problem wiith the panel lighting. Can you post a screenshot to show what you are getting. You are using Shift+L to turn on the panel lights aren't you?Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest @viator

Hello Rob, it's not that i can't turn on the lights since i am aware of the fact that in the 319 ... series it has to be done by keyboard.It's just that i find the brightness of the lighting a bit out of proportions, but this could well be a personal flavour.It doesn't matter in this case if it's a 319 or 330.However when i look at some of the original pics of an airbus flightdeck, it seems a little more balanced and darker.So i was wondering if someone had an answer to adjust the brightness.And even if there was a fix to get the button lightning to work without floodlight??Since i have read most of the topics about this subject, and it seems there where some of them, i don't think it can be changed.However i thought i give it a try. Regards, Stefan

Guest @viator

Ho Again Well after running down the internet up and down hundreds of times, i give up :(My issue with the panels is, that in 2D the night lightning is to intens, so it draws the attention from the outside vieuw.And the vc lightning isn't excactly the real deal.I've try'd the cls A340 on a friends computer the other night, and i must say that the vc flightdeck lightning is a little as i want the pss to look like. (see included pic)You can even turn the main lightning out, to use only nightflood :(I will check out this forum in the future to see if there are people who can share some light on the subject.Greetings Stefan

Guest @viator

Hi Rob,That's a pitty, but i guess you guys have had enough comments about this subject, so i guess it will be part of future airbus releases?Anyway keep up the good work, i will be waiting for that moment.Greetings Stefan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.