Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonduck1

A340 frame rates -why so bad?

Guest vonduck1

Hi guys!After flying the A320 (PSS of course) with excellent frames in the 2d panel view, i tried the A340 and for some reason the frames are now 9 or 10!!! I have a good system (AMD4000+, 2 gig ram, XT850 etc etc) so i was wondering is there omething i am meant to do to get better frames?its a great machine to fly so any help out there?Thanks kindlyDoug

Guest vonduck1

No worries, did a search and found there is no solution. Sigh

Guest vrandar

As with everything else in FS it does also depend on your system. I don't know what you have and thus whether it might perform better than my home system, but I have never found a problem with frame rates on the A340 provding I keep my graphics drivers fully up to date. But as it's not an aircraft I fly everyday (I prefer the A319) I will have another look at it and see if it does seem to cause any issues.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest vonduck1

Thanks for thatthe spec of my system are listed below. I dont think its a low end one though. What do you think could be the problem?I flew last night and in the 2D panel view i get 11 - 12 FPS and in VC about 18-20. No extra weather and NO AI traffic at all. Default airports too.Spot view is 24 (locked at 25)AMD Athlon64 4000+2 Gig DDr400ASUS A8V Deluxe 939 moboOCZ 520W PSUThermaltake Armor caseWIndows XP Pro SP2Radeon X850XT PE 256 meg6.3 Catalyst driversSoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS2405FPW 24" Dell 22" Philips CRT250 gig Seagate 7200 HDDCH Yoke PeddCheersDoug

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.