Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS Airbus Series Pt 2

Guest franksalot

I now have 2 more problems with the Airbus = 1. The Radio does not function; I could not get it to receive the Fs9 default ATC information,in addition, and even worse,it would not respond to the ILS frequency. I found the latter out when making an Approach to Naples Airport. Funny thing is I had the same malfunction with the PSS B777-200LR Radio. 2. Again the Airbus - when entering a Route into the MCDU, originating at EGLL,I only got half of the Runways e.g. 09's and 05/23? Same deal with the T7. My PMDG B737NG-800 does not have these problems.It's possible that these problems are to do with my Fs9 installation, but if anyone could help trace the causes, I would be very grateful.KenSomerset, England

Guest NormanB

Ken,The key is in how you start (load) the aircraft.FS9 caused all kinds of grief for add on developers. A thread recently ran on the main AVSIM forums which ran for many pages over this very subject.In short, it sounds like you suffered from flat battery syndrome - it matters not that the APU is running since FS9 doesnt actually know what an APU is - we can but hope for this to be addressed in FSX.Ensure you start FS from the default flight before changing to the Airbus (or any complex addon)

Guest franksalot

Hi Norman,That was it! flat battery :) good thing I've got a car battery charger in the boot of my car. I think the cause of the flat battery is related to my practice of starting Fs9 with the default flight and the Cessna 172 - I then shutdown enginebatteryAvionis! - then load the Airbus Cold and Dark. This time I left the Cessna 172 'ready to fly', as you suggested. That worked fine.Ken

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,455.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now