Sign in to follow this  
Guest airmann

Problem with mach number on PSS panels

Guest airmann

Hi, my pss panel seems to be indicating my Mach number and true airspeed at ground level rather than at my flight altitude, and so I am flying at the wrong speeds. I am currently at FL380 in a A320 at 322KIAS, the panel indicates M.562, and TAS as 315Knots. Both are wrong, I checked my Mach number on a website and it is apparently .98 but I am not seeing overspeed warnings, nor does the red bar move down as a I climb. I know that this panel works fine because I had used the PSS A340 panel before and all was ok, now my A340 has the same problem. What is obviously happening here is that my PSS PFD and ND are not taking my altitude into consideration and hence showing the wrong speeds. Does anyone know what the problem could be??ThanksSheahan

Guest NormanB

Sheahan,A screenshot would help lots but what I would check firts is that you have realism settings enabled and IAS rather than TAS showing.Are these figures changing? Is it possible they are stuck, possibly due to icing?

Guest airmann

Ok first and Foremost I have Realism settings set to max except detect crashes, I don't keep this on because I use VATSIM and many times aircraft appear where I least expect them too. And secondly I do not know how to change between TAS and IAS. Here are a couple of screen shots from a PSSA340 both taken at the same instant. Please note that I have this problem with ALL my PSS Airbus panels on PSS models, POSKY models and IFDG models and so I suspect that the problem is with the gauge rather than the aircraft model itself. In fact I am almost certain that the problem lies in the gauge and the logic behind the airspeed calculations and that for some reason my altitude is not being properly calculated and is always assumed to be near 0. I did a reinstallation of my PSS A340 panel but the problem persists. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151455.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151456.jpg

Guest NormanB

Sheahan,Thanks for the pics. Attached is the option in Realism for IAS.You seem convinced that the issue is in the gauge and its airspeed calculations however I would ask you why you are the only one reporting this? Surely if there were a global error we would all be seeing it. Like you all of my flying is done online with VATSIM.Check the realism settings and let me know your findings please.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151457.jpg

Guest airmann

Wow, that was the problem all along, amazing that someone like me can slip up over something that simple. This game can catch out even the most experienced pilots. Thanks, your responses were quick and I really appreciate that. Now I'm off to fly, Sheahan

Guest NormanB

Glad to help you out. Happy flying!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.