Sign in to follow this  
dbroadway

Airbus Pro - barometer settings

Hi - Having just bought the Airbus Pro Series, I wanted to confirm that there is no way of adjusting the barometer automatically in the 319/320/321. Nothing is mentioned in the manuals and the usual "B" key simply toggles between the STD and adjustable QNH, in the same way as the pull button on the EFIS control panel. When I hunted around the web, I did find a post on another forum that seemed to confirm this, but the thread was quite old.It's quite annoying to get moaned at by ATC that you are x00 feet above/below your cleared altitude, simply because you didn't know the pressure had changed since you first contacted them. Perhaps it's more true to life, but can it really be that real-world pilots don't have something a little more sophisticated? Surely I'm missing something.I enjoyed my first flight yesterday nonetheless.ThanksDave

Guest NormanB

Dave,You pretty much answered your own question. That is the way it is in real life. A pilot departs on QNH/Altimeter (local pressure) and either when climbing or passing through transition will switch to STD (1013.2 / 29.92)As you have found, the B key will also do this for you.

Hi Norman, many thanks indeed for the quick response.I guess I've just got used to using the "B" key to find the correct barometer setting below transition (which often changes before you get handed off to the next controller), and this is the first a/c I've come across where it doesn't work (it does on the PSS Dash 8, for example). I should say, though, that it doesn't detract from the product overall, which for me strikes the perfect balance in terms of providing what feels like a good degree of realism, without going over the top. And I'm even happier now I know I'm not missing something regarding the barometer point.CheersDave

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.