Sign in to follow this  
Guest cpm1980

No ILS loc/gs deviation on PFD

Guest cpm1980

Please help! On final with PSS A320, have selected ILS button next to the FD to get the ILS info on the PFD. I can intercept the localiser OK by pressing LOC, but the horizontal deviation is stuck in the centre of the PFD and I don't get any g/s indication at all.Can anyone help me to overcome this as it's a bit of an obstacle to landing...

Guest NormanB

Hi and welcome to the AVSIM forums. Don't forget to sign your posts with your name as required in our guidelines.Is this happening at every airport? CD or download version?Are you starting the flight using the default flight as a base or is this from the "Create a flight" menu?

Guest cpm1980

Thanks for the reply. It's the downloaded version and it's at every airport. I load the same flight start each time, just at the gate cold and dark, then change to my desired departure airport.The weird thing is that when I engage ILS then LOC, I intercept the localiser at the arrival airport fine. But the horizontal localizer deviation on the PFD remains stuck in the centre (although the cross on the heading indicator at the bottom for the ILS course is visible and moves when I intercept), and the glideslope deviation doesn't show up at all.Thanks,Craig Murdie

Guest NormanB

Craig,Start from the default MSFS flight at Seattle in the Cessna. This sounds like the classic flat battery issue with MSFS.

Guest cpm1980

Thanks very much, that's sorted it out. Excellent support, by the way.Please, please tell me there's not a single line of Microsoft computer code in a real Airbus!!Craig

Guest cpm1980

And now for the next problem...As I fly online for BA Virtual, when trying to fly medium-haul routes I want to be able to fly for 1h30min or so, save the flight and pick it up again later.Problem is, if I do this, then I get the same problem of the FPD not responding with the ILS data.Can you help me to be able to save and resume flights?Craig

Guest vrandar

If you go to the FS2004 forum at BAV you will see that this has been answered by Graham Laing within the last week. It's not easy and you can't just save and re-start a flight as the programming of the PSS Airbus was not done with this in mind. It can be done but involves judicious use of the pause key until you have got everything setup properly and the MCDU F-Plan page has caught up. Have a look at Graham's post then come back to me if hat doesn't solve it, I think I have a short tutorial somewhere .......Edit: nope doesn't seem to be there, but I can talk you through it if Graham's answer doesn't help.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.