Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horgy

Strange Airbus Behaviour

Guest Horgy

Hiya,Decided to dig out the 'ole 320 after a brief spell on the Boeings, and now find it unflyable, with some very strange effects!1) Although the MCDU auto tunes the navaids, I never recieve a signal, from any of them - ILS/NDB/VOR, you name it. Even manually tuning does not solve the problem. It's definately an aircraft issue, as my 757 works fine! Means no ILS, no nothing.2) Landing Gear will not operate. Lever moves, no dice. Gear sits snug in it's bay3) Strange pitching effects - can't really put my finger on this one, I left my PC for two seconds, and then when I came back the aircraft was locked in a left bank at a high rate. The Attitude indicator had "frozen" and thus was sending erroneous data to the AP, which resulted in the AP trying to compensate and sending the plane into a spin. Only way out was to disable the AP which allowed me to neutralise everything, but re engagement started the roll again. Report - http://www.fly-breeze.com/Junk/Rubbish.htm (I was bored)Any suggestions?Horgy

Guest NormanB

Two words for you James. Flat Battery.A quick search on the forum will give you all the answers you need but the basics are to start with the default flight rather than using the FS "create a flight" menu.

Guest Horgy

Norman,Thanks for your response, i've done that and I still get no NAV radios, even though the batteries say 28.0V on each?Horgy

Guest vrandar

Just to add to/clarify what Norman said (and apologies if this is what you are doing), when you start your FS session you must start it with a default Microsoft aircraft and your default flight as set in FS9 must be a default MS aircraft with avionics on (though engines can of course be off). It doesn't matter where the aircraft is located. Only then should you change to the Airbus which can be cold and dark if you wish.You can over-ride the battery glitch in a number of ways. In flight try pressing Ctrl+M. If you are not in the middle of a flight, if you have the registered version of FSUIPC go to the Miscellaneous page and set the battery life indefinite setting. If you don't have registered FSUIPC in your aircraft.cfg add an entry anywhere in the electical section as follows: electric_always_available=1Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.