Sign in to follow this  
Guest dan330

RAT Out problem

Guest dan330

Hi all,Just recently I've been having increasing problems with my engines stopping during flight and I get the RAT OUT message. It used to happen at the very end of a flight but just recently has been happening at all stages, last time it happened was about an hour into a 3 hour flight.It seems worse (but is not limited to happening) when I use FS Passengers, maybe something to do with the way that program loads the fuel.Anyway looking for a fix, the only things I can find suggest making sure I load and default fs plane from start-up before changing to the PSS and making sure I have my center tank feed set to auto which it is. On at least the last 3 flights I've done all of these things. I usually have my center fuel tanks set in the off posistion, should these be switched on? Although I thought the idea was that the center tanks fed the outer tanks so didn't need to be on?I'd used the aircraft for over a year and it never happened, but since it happened the first time it has happened on about 60% of flights since. I've only tried it on the A320 at the moment and I should state that its the iFDG merge. I'm about to spend the day flying the A340 so I should find out later whether this does it as well.Any help will be appreciated.Dan

Guest NormanB

Dan,I dont know if FSPax boarding the fuel will make a problem. Because its a merge I really can't offer support except to say to make sure you start from the default flight.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.