Sign in to follow this  
Guest trulsismann

A319/320/321 STILL can't fly

Guest trulsismann

Hello,I can't fly the A320 family, it does as it is described in all the other threads, piches up to max 3 degrees and falls down again.BUT i've tried changing the size_mm or whatever it's called in the [section8] in the aircraft file to 2,2. IT STILL WON'T WORKNow my PMDG 737 family won't work, the PSS A320 family won't take off and the PSS A330/340 landing gear won't retract! Life's good, Isn't it?PS: i searched for the landing gear problem and it was (apparently) due to a flat battery, i found out i had to add a value in the aircraft CFG file's ELECTRICAL section, but i can't seem to find that ELECTRICAL section. TRULS

Guest NormanB

I would suggest that since all of your planes seem to be giving issues that you are suffering from the flat battery as you have found.Solution?Start from the original default flight - its under select a flight, other - default flight (or Meigs)Once loaded change to your aircraft of choice.

Guest trulsismann

But can this be the reason the A319/320/321 won't takeoff?and where exactly IS the "electrical" section in the config file?TRULS

Guest vrandar

If there isn't an electrical section in your config file you can insert one yourself and it will be recognised.

Hi,I am having similar electrical problems with my A320. I find that by the time I have taxied to the runway, the radios won't work and the undercarriage won't retract after take-off. This despite having the APU running before engine start which should keep the battery charged.I have looked at other aircraft configs i.e. the default B737-400 and there are a lot of lines of info in the Electrical section. Would you suggest that it is safe to copy the whole electrical section from the B737 for instance, into the A320 aircraft config, or would some adjustments need to be made?What do you suggest should be included in an electrical section for the A320?Many thanks in advance.

Guest NormanB

The primary reason still remains the same - you must start from the default flight.BTW welcome to the AVSIM forums. Please dont forget to sign your posts with your real name. Thanks.

Hi Norman,Thanks for your prompt reply, I did as you suggested and started from the default flight and all seemed to work OK. I am not knowledgeable enough to know why these things happen, I have not seen this problem with other payware add-ons.Apologies for not signing my previous post.Mal Blease.

Guest NormanB

Mal,Some other addon devs edits FS so that their plane is the default flight which is all very well until somebody else does the same ;)We prefer to have a known set of variables that the sim shipped with.

Guest trulsismann

>If there isn't an electrical section in your config file you>can insert one yourself and it will be recognised.How do i do that? do i just writeELECTRICALand insert lines here?TRULS

Guest trulsismann

I found out how to add it. BUT IT STILL WON'T FLY. DOESEN'T MATTER IF I'M IN SPOT OR PANEL VIEW. IT WON'T FLY! IT JUST WONT! What do i do NOW???Truls

Guest trulsismann

Just forget about the above post, i finally worked it out. i just needed to change trim to 2.0 UPTRULS

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.