Sign in to follow this  
rondon9897

APU Sounds

The airbus sim is fairly good, but i'm running it on fs2004 which it isn't really deigned for i don't think. I've been searching the forums for a problem which i've been having - the temperament of this sim.when the engines are off i can't hear a thing!! Neither the packs or the apu or anything. the switches sound, the seatbelts make a "bing!", but packs or apu - nil.Now all posts have been replied with the answer "you can't hear the APU on the ground". That's as may be, but I am a Airbus a320 pilot in real life and i can tell you the aircraft is most certainly not silent when the engines are off! You may not be able to hear the APU, but you can most certainly hear the packs, instrument cooling etc.I wonder whether I am doing something wrong, or that it's just lack of development.P.S i also notice when I can't hear any pack/cockpit noise that the defaul fs radio can't be used and all the exterior lights extinguish. Could someone help!!Thanks, CJ

Guest NormanB

CJ,When you cant use radios this indicates your FS battery has gone flat.Please make sure and start FS from the default flight.

There are new user created sound files here on Avsim that have ambient sounds once the plane is powered up. They are usually packaged with the new engine sounds. Do a search under FS2004 sounds for PSS or Airbus or something like that.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

The sound set mentioned is a great add-on. It simulates equipment cooling on the ground, and the V2500 sounds are right on. Even plays the sounds of the galley carts and snack bins shaking when you land.

Guest NormanB

>Even plays the sounds of the galley carts and snack>bins shaking when you land.Which I have never heard from the flight deck on real life landings.

>>Even plays the sounds of the galley carts and snack>>bins shaking when you land.>>Which I have never heard from the flight deck on real life>landings.>They do if you fly for the company i fly for Norman!Could you tell me how to stop the FS Batter from going flat? Is there a way?

Guest NormanB

>They do if you fly for the company i fly for Norman!Heh!>Could you tell me how to stop the FS Batter from going flat?>Is there a way?A number of ways:1. Start FS using the default flight - its under flights, then select other, and choose either Seattle or Meigs. 2. Registered version of FSUIPC - make sure you check the "Extend Battery Life Indefinitely" box in the Miscellaneous page.3. Edit (or add if required) an [electrical] section to the aircraft.cfg with the lineelectric_always_available=1The latter I havent tested but seems to work for some.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.