Sign in to follow this  
darian

can the VC be removed

hello fellow PSS pilots, im making a home made cockpit using multi monitors and goflight hardware and was wondering can i remove the vc from the plane. the vc makes it very difficult to fly with multiple monitors. this refers to all PSS airbuses.

actually i just dont want the VC to show while im in "cockpit" view. when looking to the side i can close the VC by pressing "W", but when i bring up the FMS it pops back up.

Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the following hex value: 0022003900In the first two occurences of that string, simply change the 39 in 0022003900 to 00. It should now look like this: 0022000000. Save the changes, OK the creation of the backup file then exit Hex Workshop to test it out in MSFS.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

the MDL file is not in english when i open it in notepad. how can i open it and read it in english?

AWESOME STUFF!!! it worked , HA i dont beleive. At first i only erased the first hex string and the vc still showed, then i erased all the hex strings and it took out the enire exterior model :( so i went step by step and im supposed to change only the first two strings. THANKS ALOT FOR HELP!!!!

would you happen to know if this would work for other a/c or just PSS Airbus Pro

It works with all of them, As I've done it with all my models.Glad I could be of some help.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

>Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the>following hex value: 0022003900>>In the first two occurences of that string, simply change the>39 in 0022003900 to 00. It should now look like this:>0022000000. Save the changes, OK the creation of the backup>file then exit Hex Workshop to test it out in MSFS.>>CheersGood morning,By using the Hex editor, when I enter the hex value 0022003900 in the hex line of the search engine, it cannot find this hex value: "string not found". What procedure may I use to find this hex value with the Hex editor?...Thank you in advance for your help.Nieto

I'm also getting the same error message. Can some one tell us what we're doing wrong?

John K

Solved the problem. Have to put a space between every 2 numbers. 00 22 00 39 00.

John K

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.