Sign in to follow this  
Guest airbusgek

Engine startup sequence

Guest airbusgek

Hi all,I've got a question many people might have thought about before.I've got the PSS A320 series which I've updated with all sorts of FDE-updates and stuff like that.I'm now trying to update the plane myself by editing the Aircraft.cfg and de Air-file. For example: No one ever seems to be able to design the A320 engines properly. After startup the FF should read about 350 kg/h, and the lowest I've seen in FS is 1000 kg/h. I've fixed this by using parameters from real-world cockpit video.I've got a question for PSS and for anybody who might know the answer.The default PSS-planes all have such real engine-spoolup sequences. I mean that they don't spool up to 75% N2 after startup, like mine does now, but they just slowly move to their idle percentage of 62% N2.I know PSS doesn't support these freeware updates you can download in the library, but could you atleast tell me where to look for me to get these 'smooth' engine startups back.Thanks in advance,Sander ParijsTechn. Pilot Airbus AircraftV-Bird Virtual Airline

I never thought the PSS A320 engine start was especially realistic! Few add-ons improve on the horrible MSFS jet engine starting simulation. However, messing around with idle fuel flow could well make it work less well. As I recall PSS deliberately set the idle fuel flow high so that the aircraft would taxi at realistic power settings, overcoming the MSFS ground friction problem. Its a compromise, like everything else in MSFS. Best result would probably be to accept the high idle fuel flow and put the sim back to default configuration.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.