Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

AIRBUS AUTOTRIM

The real life Airbus aircraft hold attitude inputs. Simply put, if you pull back on the sidestick and are climbing at 10 degrees nose up, when you let go of the sidestick the aircraft will maintain that 10 degrees nose up attitude. In order to level yourself off, you would have to push down on the side stick back to zero degrees. This is accomplished by trimming of the THS, not the elevators. In the sim, this is modelled, but not well. I would think that its an FS limitation.

Well actualy under fs2002 it did work perfectly, but under fs9 it is a different story. Do not ask wy, i do not know.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Norman:I read something somehwere regarding a comment about an Airbus. The guy said he wished that the new Airbus addons would have autotrim? Can you tell me what autotrim they don't have? Was he talking about the trim that is set before takeoff or when in the air. I am tryiing to understand the Airbus logic a little better. Perhaps this will make it easier for me to fly them. I follow the tutorials and have made a succesful flight but when programming the FMC I wasn't able to follow the logic behind the inputs as I keyed them in.RegardsRick

Guest Pro-Sim

I disagree - with the correct joystick calibration, null zone and sensitivity set-up, I have the PSS Airbus Pro series auto-trimming perfectly. You need to remember that - as in the real aircraft - the FBW can only "auto-trim" when the stick is in the netral position.So proper use of the control involves making gentle progressive movements of the side stick then promptly and firmly returning the stick to the neutral position.Setting some small Null Zones in FS Sensitivities setting helps to achieve this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.