Sign in to follow this  
chrissy

Autopilot disconnects

Hello!I have assigned a joystick button, which helds the contact, to the AP1 switch (A320 series).After some time the AP suddenly disconnects without switching another button - hove can I solve this?Thank you for your help!Christoph

Guest NormanB

Christoph,Check that you dont have something else assigned to this same command, either in the fs commands or the panel setup.

Thanks for your reply!I don't have assigned something else to this command - default key is "Z" - and I have already tried it with another key - the problem remains the same.It is strange that with AP2 switch everything works fine, no disconnection happens.Maybe a software problem?Christoph

Guest NormanB

It has to be a local issue Christoph - if it were a general issue many would be complaining of the same issue.

Hi again!After several flights with engaging AP2 (I have assigned "F12" to this switch in the configuration tool - it has worked fine so far) since the last two flights suddenly autopilot engages automatically after takeoff - without switching any button - how can this happen?I would really be glad if you could help me solving this!Thank you in advance,Christoph

Guest NormanB

Christoph,The same advice still holds true. You, through a keypress or another piece of software you are running, is sending a keypress to the sim. Check, check and check again your configuration.

>Christoph,>>The same advice still holds true. You, through a keypress or>another piece of software you are running, is sending a>keypress to the sim. Check, check and check again your>configuration.Hi!Thanks for your answer, but I have definitely not assigned F12 to another switch, not in the FS menu, not in FSUIPC and not in the PSS configurator.I have really no idea what causes this problem - maybe you have any...?Thanks a lot for further replies!Christoph

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.