Sign in to follow this  
Guest matchouz

Auto-land

Guest matchouz

Hello again... this time, i have an other question, with regards to the autoland. I am trying to engage it to intertecept the localiser, but i don't know how to. I pressed on ILS, LOC and APPR, but nothing will do. Can anybody help me solve this problem, which i reckon is simple to solve...Thanks in advanceMat

Guest sk3298

Did you insert the landing rwy on the F-plan page? Did you have the correct ILS freq set (check on the RAD NAV page)?/Robert

Guest matchouz

I just checked... I believe i had something done wrong then, cos by pressing APPR now, everything just runs smoothly... it's just lovely... Anyways, thanks for the help...CheersMat

Guest dt1951

Mat, another thing I found out the hard way. Do not manually put the ILS frequencies into the NAV radios (on the pedestal page). This will disable the autoland function. When you select the runway in the MCDU, the system will automatically tune the NAV radios for you. Just ensure you press the ILS button when you are in range of the ILS.

Guest matchouz

Righty... I will make sure to do as you say...Thanks for the help... Really nice of you...CheersMat

Guest matchouz

Dan... I've been trying and training a bit doing auto-lands, but there's still one thing i'd like to share though... To be concrete, say my destination is 31R at LHBP. I set the ILS frequency in the radio-navstack. (109.50). The PFD will show the ILS' ID and frequency, but radio nav function on the MCDU stays blank... Does it mean i should wait longer for the MCDU to load? Anyways... I'm going to keep on testing by myself, but just thought i'd share this in case... Thanks anyways... Mat

Guest sk3298

You shouldnt set anything in your navstack. If you put in LHBP and 31R as destination/landing rwy in the MCDU the ILS freq and course will be tuned automatically./Rob

Just to not start another topic, I normally fly Boeings, but for autoland is it normal that the aircraft cant keep the aircraft to dip below the GS? I set to the VLS speed (about 140kts) and the aicraft became below the glidescope 3 or 4 times on the approach, even on finals.

Guest sk3298

OliverIts a common problem. Try adding +10 kts to the landing speed and see what happens. Which bus do you have this problem on btw?/Rob

Guest matchouz

All right Rob. Thank's alot for the info. It's always good to know the normal way of working. I'll do as you say then...Mat

>Oliver>>Its a common problem. Try adding +10 kts to the landing speed>and see what happens. Which bus do you have this problem on>btw?>>/RobHello,I had this problem on my AB Pro series (320, 319 and 321) my freind had the same problem with his 340 and 33, will try adding some speed.

Guest matchouz

Hey Again... It's been a while, i know... but there's something i just can't uinderstand, no matter how hard and how well i try it... This is about the airbus again, and mostly relating what Rob has said so far. Well... I've done as you have said. I set the landing RNW on the MCDU, do not set the ILS frequency in the radio stack, but now, the airplane WON'T EVEN TURN THE ILS FREQUENCY ON, thus, an ILS approach being purely impossible... What is wrooonnngggggg??? GRRRRR!!! Anybody, any ideas?Thanks again with all the help and hope to read answer soon.Mat

Guest sk3298

Have you tried any of the flight tutorials over at http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk? If not I suggest you take a look. Doing a flight by the book teatches you a lot (how to perform an ILS approach for example), and it doesnt take too much time to go through either./Rob

Guest matchouz

Rob... I think i FINALLY have the answer... To be honest, and i didn't think this would make the difference, i've been landing quite alot without engaging the approach phase in the MCDU. BUT THIS MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. So, i guess the conclusion is this. Don't set any frequency on the radio stack, and make sure to confrim the approach phase on the MCDU. VOila... just wanted to share this... :-) Thanks for all the help... BestMat

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.