Sign in to follow this  
Houghton11

Airbus Pro FSX Compatibility

Pursuant to my Dsh-8 thread on the same topic...I installed my ol' ABPro package into FSX and gave it a whirl...with positive results!Firstly! NO mouse-flicker!...:(Visual model wise...everything seems to look relatively well (i'm talking PSS model...not iFDG one)...lights work correctly with the exception of the taxi-light...which only lights with the landing lightsSimilar to my DHC-8 i installed, I pointed the PSS installer to the FSX directory and installed normally (hung up a bit on 'searching for files'..but it worked fine)...Aircraft cfgs built correctly.Now the installer installs the Airbuses in the FSX/Aircraft folder. Now FSX places its aircraft in the FSX/SimObject/Airplanes folder. By editing the FSX.cfg by adding the /Aircraft folder to the SimObjects lines...the Airbus appears correctly in the FSX select aircraft dialogue.Upon selection, a message appears asking if you want to load the Airbus.gau file. Selecting yes results in a successful load and FSX loads normally.Upon loading, you're faced with a active Airbus panel, with-out the engines running... and a PFD that appears to be 'sinking' (prolly a FSUIPC issue...more on that below).Now the normal method of bring up the overhead does not work. Some editing of the panel.cfg seems to have provided a work-around. By changing the Fixed Window37 entry in the panel.cfg to a Window9 = Overhead entry allows you to access the overhead through the FS's view/insturment panel/overhead menus.SO now that the panel functionality seems to be 100%, time to go flying...It flies pretty much like the PSS model does; however, the autotrim doesnt appear to work (prolly FSUIPC). The autopilot works relativley well, but it does not respond very quickly...infact it 'responds' to commands really slow...this goes for the Autothrottle functions as well.The indent throttle modes work correctly...providing the correct thrust. The Max-Rev mode does not work though...and the traditional F2 holding does not work either..so no reverse for now.Now to the FSUIPC issue. I do not have FSUIPC 4 installed in FSX, so I do not know if that would alleviate some of the issues discussed. I won't discuss the iFDG merge either because that's somthing for the iFDG forums. Hopefully some success there.All in all...it looks pretty promising! I hope to try the 340 some time later this weekendCheers,Patrick H

Guest sk3298

Sounds good. Hows the built in A321? Any good? Will get fsx deluxe tomorrow so havent seen it yet./Rob

Just an update:install of FSUIPC seems to have sovled some issues. Autopilot is still so-so...Ive given up on making the default PSS package work to spec. I've instead been focusing on makeing a PSS/iFDG merge to work. So far, I've had good results:Everything seems to be working fine (FMS, MCDU..etc)Lights are a little wack...but some fixing of lights portion of aircraft.cfg to match the default aircrafts *.fx files hopefully will fix things....I plan to make a guide soon for posting later on how to install a working PSS/iFDG merge in FSX.Pat