Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Taxiway lights

Hi,My A319,A320 and A321 when i select taxiway lights they are never on yet they seem ok on the A340 and think A330 could somebody offer any help or advice.MTIAJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Guest dt1951

They are not modeled in the 319/320/321.

Hi Dan,I can remember being able to use the taxiway lights before I have reinstalled PSS A320 could someone from PSS confirm this please.ThanksJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

I have a functioning taxi light as well as landing lights on the 320. I do however use the iFDG/PSS merge, so thats likely why.

>I have a functioning taxi light as well as landing lights on>the 320. I do however use the iFDG/PSS merge, so thats likely>why.What a merge do you mean? An iFDG livery installed with the PSS A320?

Guest vrandar

The merge is the iFDG model merged with the PSS panel. The models are avaialable here at avsim. We don't provide support for the merge for fairly obvious commercial reasons, but you can find instructions for how to do it in the Airbus hangar in my address below (just ignore the bit about the ftb file which is out of date). The merge is good and is what I use 99% of the time. There are issues with it around high EGT temps but these can be easily sorted out.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Oh, thanks for the links! I'll try it.One more question: is there any Airbus model for FS2004 that would be ideal? I mean the addons as they are without any merges or third party modifications. I have tried some A320 variants (PSS, Wilco/FeelThere, Aerosoft) and found out, that there's obviously no Airbus add-on that would function as great as the PMDG Boeing 737NG for example. There's always a couple of bugs like missing lights in the PSS software, MCDU holding troubles in the Wilco model and so on. Just wondering why there are no "ideal" Airbus models while the Boeing family is quite well represented. Too bad for the EADS... ;-)Thanks for the answer once again!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.