Sign in to follow this  
tcorken

Virtual cockpit in A320

Hi,I usually fly the A319 but occasionally fly the A320 (usually to replicate charter flights I've been on)Last night I loaded the aircraft in the usual way, default cessna first then the A320, only to find I have no VC. Actually the VC is there but I'm about 10 metres in front of it. I can see it when I swivel round using the hat switch. Seems my position is too far forward in VC though is fine in 2d cockpit. Can anyone tell me how to correct this ?I checked the A319 and A321 and they seem fine. I also did a forum search on this and came up with similar probs re A321V, however I don't have that prob and the 321s are fine.Thanks, Tony

Guest drgnkid

>Hi,>>I usually fly the A319 but occasionally fly the A320 (usually>to replicate charter flights I've been on)>>Last night I loaded the aircraft in the usual way, default>cessna first then the A320, only to find I have no VC.>Actually the VC is there but I'm about 10 metres in front of>it. I can see it when I swivel round using the hat switch.>Seems my position is too far forward in VC though is fine in>2d cockpit. Can anyone tell me how to correct this ?>>I checked the A319 and A321 and they seem fine. I also did a>forum search on this and came up with similar probs re A321V,>however I don't have that prob and the 321s are fine.>>Thanks, TonyHello,I have a similar problem but with the PSS A340. For me, it is the other way round. When I am in the virtual cockpit, I am placed behind the left seat. This does not happen with the others.Can anyone help?Thanks, Adrian

Adrian,For what it's worth, I remember I solved the problem with the A340 with a panel mod which obviously fixed the offending setting. Which one ? I don't know. Maybe this could help me fix my own problem if I can track it down.Tony

Guest drgnkid

Thanks for the response. I managed to get it working for a while, then it went back to status quo. I think it happened after I installed the A320 or A330. Will experiment again. Do let me know if you have managed to figure it out.Cheers,Adrian

Guest drgnkid

Hi Tony,Great news. Perhaps it might help you as well.I figured out that my problem only occurs in the 340-300 and not the 340-200 in my case. I have managed to solve the problem by changing the aircraft.cfg file under [views]. There should be 3 sets of numbers (i.e. xxx,xxx,xxx). Just increase the first set if you want to move forward or decrease it if you want to move back.In may case, I increased the numbers and now I am "back in my seat" and not behind it. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.