Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnnyh

Autoland

Guest johnnyh

I have the Airbus A340. I am going to go from Punta Raisi (LICJ) to Luqa (LMML). I put LICJ/LMML into the From/To thing, and put FL110 into the cruise altitude, my flight number and press ALIGN IRS. Then I press PERF, and right click on LSKL1,2 and 3. At LSKL1 it says:166 and in LSKL2 and 3 it says 173(no numbers in F=, S= and O=). Then I click F-PLAN and press LICJ>Departure>Runway 07>Insert. Then I click on LMML>Arrival>Runway 32>Insert. I taxi to the runway, take off, and put on the autopilot and when I get the approcah clearance, I click PERF, Activate approach phase>Confirm approach phase. Then I press ILS, then APPR and AP2. Then I set flaps to full. Then my speed drops to 132 kts. That is just to slow, I can make it but it's a bit to slow. Am I doing something wrong or is this how its supposed to be? Should i have less flaps? What speed should I have when I land? Someone please tell me what to do. Thanks in advanceJohn Hudson

Guest NormanB

John,Why are you not putting in any V speeds?What about BLOCK and ZFW? Are you entering these?

Guest johnnyh

I don't know how to put in V-speeds and I don't know what numbers to put in ZFW and BLOCK, how can i know what numbers to put in?

Guest NormanB

The manual is really your friend here Johnny.ZFW - use the load editor before you start FS. It lets you set the ZFW. If the ZFW is 172684 then enter 172.6BLOCK - the amount of fuel you have on board where for example 10534KG = 10.5V speeds can be obtained by right clicking the LSKs next to the blankk values.If you have any blank values the aircraft doesnt know and wont do what you wish.

Guest johnnyh

>>BLOCK - the amount of fuel you have on board where for example>10534KG = 10.5>Don

Guest NormanB

No, I meant KG or Kilos. Remember the Airbus is French :)That said, if your local settings are for Lbs then thats fine. The same idea applies so if the fuel on board was 23,175Lbs then you would enter 23.2

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.