Sign in to follow this  
arno

FS2004.. Don't worry this isn't a wish list!

I want to see...this and this...and this! only kidding!Actually, just out of interest, Around about mid-march of 2001, didn't Microsoft realease some pictures (3 to be exact) showcasing their release. So I wonder whether we'll recieve a press release or some eye candy soon for 2004. Just a thought. There's no strict timetable I know, but i am anxious to see (or hear) what it will be like! Regards Rojan

Just want to note that those 3 pictures were quite, optimistic, shall we say...We didn't get a real idea of what it was going to look like until they released the next few sets which were very similar to the real thing. Cheers,Marc

Yes, it was the March of 2001 when they first officially mentioned FS2002...Robb

I heard The beta tests have been lauched and some beta testers are saying its superb.

>> I heard The beta tests have been lauched and some beta >testers >are saying its superb. >I guess advancing forward is always a good thing, providing you can still use what you currently have. My main concern is M$ is going to screw with something to stop my PFC stuff from working, and a new pfc.dll will have to be reworked... Don't get me wrong, advancing forward is a good thing, providing you aren't taking 2 steps back before taking 1 step forward. (Just my opinion) Ahh well, nothing will ever come as close as the real deal!!Chris

Well, if they do away with the .bgl file structure like it is rumored, you can kiss all your scenery and aircraft goodbye.

Eric 

Of course it are all rumours until now and we have to wait till the final version (or more news at least) to be certain, but as far as I have understood now it is only that they will stop supporting some older BGL commands (this is already mentioned in the Fs2000 SDK). As far as I know at the moment the new floating point commands will still be supported and all things made for Fs2002 should work fine.I haven't heard anything about doing away the BGL files completely, but maybe I have missed something :).But I don't think it is a big problem. Everybody is always complaining that they want it to look better, be faster, etc, etc and when they are then removing the support for some older commands (to make things better and faster) it isn't good either :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog