Sign in to follow this  
Guest BipBip

PSS Airbus and hardware MCDUs ?

Guest BipBip

Hello,I plan to build my own A320 cockpit, and I will buy the items one by one, to split the investment in time.One of the items that could be bought soon, as it's one that can be standalone at first is the MCDU.I wanted to know if somebody here uses a MCDU (like FDS one) with our great PSS addon. I have found how to assign keyboard shrotcuts for letters, numbers and the function keys, but no clue on how to assign keys to the LSKs.Any idea, any research made in this way ?Thanks.

Guest Cancer

I think the only way to link the PSS MCDU to a hardware MCDU is to use the "key2mouse" tool. So you can program this tool with keycodes for all keys of the MCDU transmitted by the key controller delivered with the FSD MCDU.Kind regardsRen

Guest BipBip

Oh, good idea !I didn't thought about that, even if I have already heard of this software.Thank you very much.If anybody have a 100% keyboard answer, please post, but at least I will be able to use this way to have a FSD MCDU with my PSS A32x.PS : To PSS team, thanks again, I fly nearly exclusively with your addon, it is excellent.

Guest tdk221

Hi,I have used old usb keyboard to keyboards to mcdu. i use key commands goes to mcdu when numlock has pressed down.Lsk 1 to 6 are F1 to F6 and 7 to 12 are F7 to F12, and they work just fine. / and . comes from some key from numpad (can

Guest Ludwig

Hi there!I am also thinking about the possibility of using a hardware MCDU (from FDS I guess) with PSS airbus.My question is the following: How will we be able to see in the MCDU screen only the part corresponding to the MCDU screen (not with the whole keyboard)?This is interesting, because even if you can undock the MCDU and take to a second monitor, you can't get rid of the MCDU frame and keyboard, can you?PSS: some advice to this respect? (maybe eliminating some lines in some CFG file or editing some BMP, you can only get to see the MCDU screen?)THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!!!!

Guest NormanB

Ludwig,When I first started my sim this was the way it was done. In regards to the MCDU there isnt an easy way. At that time my monitor was bigger than the now 5.6" so all I had to do was resize. There are no cfg modifications possible to remove the frame.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,290.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now