Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest Vermeirea

Hi guys,Sorry for my late reply on the sp1 but I Just come back from EBACE (www.ebace.com) in Geneva. As I am a consultant for Jetex Flight support (www.jetex.aero), we had a booth at the exhibition and this required all my attention these last days. I just downloaded sp1 but didn't installed yet. I need to save all my modified files from FSX then uninstall it, make a full re-install so this will be for the week-end. It seems that some users reported that with the new 4.10 version of FSUIPC everything works, some are reporting problems I need to check myself and I will report here my findings. Current version is 4.10.4Do your guys really feel a difference in perfo after installing sp1 ?Hope to have good news after the week-end. See you then,Amedee

Guest Vermeirea

Hi David,Send me a e-mail on the address found in the conversion file with your panel.cfg file and I will correct it and send it back to you.Best regards,Amedee

I never attempted this before SP1, VS2005 SP1, and FSUIPC 4.10 so I can't speak to what has changed since those developmentsI worked from Amedee's Flightsim posted directions so I didn't get the latest set of MCDU parameter adjustments subsequently posted in this topic thread. Consequently, the landing on my one and only test flight was unsatisfactory. However, with the new parameters I expect it to work.One learning I wanted to pass along immediately though. In FS9, PSS recommends that you load the A319/320/321 after the default flight (C172 at SeaTac). I found this to work for the A320 transplant in FSX also. Without doing this, I was getting an A/P heading setting on start-up which I couldn't clear or change.

Guest jgcomp

Amedee,Well, after trials and errors, I discovered that adjusting the FS settings for joystick axes sensitivity to maximum and null zones to minimum (possibly SP1 brought them back to an unacceptable level for PSS), I successfully made a flight from CYOW to CYUL including good takeoff and landing. The last annoying matter is the fact that the MCDU no longer offers values for V1 Vr and V2 by leftclicking on the appropriate LSK as before. Perhaps you can investigate as well. I have not tried reinstalling everything yet. Another little hiccup as well is the fact that resolution of data (letters and numbers appear slightly broken/incomplete/truncated) in the MCDU is no longer what it was. But that could be due to interaction by my Video card (aging compared to others on the forum) with SP1 or vice-versa. But that matter does not seem to interfere with the functionality of the MCDU.I am impatiently waiting for your findings through your tests this weekend if you found the time.Jean-Guy

Hi allAbout the sticky main panel that remains displayed among all views, if you want it to be hidden while cycling in the views, you have to select Views >> cockpit >> 2D panel from the FSX window. If you keep virtual panel, you will have the panel displayed in all views.WBR.Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Guest santv

I had tested a330 in fsx and works well with edits above. But now i have a problem in fs2004 , When i switch to overhead view ,the 2D panel makes a docked window and i can

Guest jgcomp

Amedee, I changed my PC for a more powerful one and obviously I had to reinstall everything including the OS. I am still using XP and FSX. I also reinstalled my PSS airbus using your instructions as I did with my previous PC. My A320 functions beautifully again but I can't get the lateral navigation to work on my A330 or A340. Vertical navigation is OK. Everything in fact seems to be OK but the aircraft will not follow the flight plan. Yet that same flight plan is OK with my A320. Your knowledge of the PSS Airbus seems enviable. Would you have an idea what "tells" the autopilot to follow the MCDU flight plan. I compared Panel.cfg, aircraft.cfg files with previous files when everything was working and cannot find any difference. Your comments will be appreciated. ThanksJean-Guy

Guest vrandar

> Would you have an idea what "tells" the autopilot to follow the MCDU>flight plan. I compared Panel.cfg, aircraft.cfg files with>previous files when everything was working and cannot find any>difference. It's code within the gauge file that controls this, not an entry in either the air or panel.cfg files (pity really as that would make life much easier!)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jgcomp

A thousand thanks, Rob, for taking the time to answer.Jean-Guy

Guest Herbie_K

Hello All!I just wrote to Ameddee, the PSS-folder installed (Copied) to the Root directory in Microsoft FSX folder, got a ini-file: a3xx_uni.ini. those entries in there, pointing all to FS9 C:/drive in my computer. Here is a sniped:[Config]ConfigFile=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesfs9PSSa3xx_uni.datLanguageFile=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesfs9PSSa3xx_uni.lngImageFile=NONELangID=9IsSelective=0InstallType=0[Variables]%HASBASE%=TRUE%HASPANEL%=TRUE%HASFSUIPC%=TRUE%HASNAVDATA%=TRUE%HASA319%=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesfs9AircraftPssA319A319C.air;C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesfs9AircraftPssA319A319V.air;C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesfs9AircraftPssA319----------------------------------------------------------------------I belive thats why the MCDU not keep our settings, when we change the roll-rate and next time you open, the settings are gone. Herb

Hi Herb,I believe that what you have copied are the instructions for un-installing the aircraft. I got these same files when I used the PSS installers pointed to FSX but they refer correctly to my FSX directory.I don't believe that these have anything to do with the problem of the MCDU in the A319/320/321 not keeping the revised roll parameters. Even when I modify the roll parameters off line they are not read back into the MCDU. Incidentally - the parameters are kept by the A330-200/300 MCDU.The only problem I have had with the A330's is that the major displays in the VC (PFD, ND, EICAS) are almost totally dark at night. I have asked Amedee about this and not heard back from him yet.Has anyone else out there had and solved this VC lighting issue (or the MCDU parameter save on the A319/320/321) ?Thanks,

Guest Herbie_K

Hi Steve!You are right with the MCDU, Could not make it to save the roll-rate.My airbus show Panel-lights. I started with a default airplane in Seattle. Engine running,Electronics and Lights all on. Than I change to the Airbus 320. Did you installed the Effects from PSS airbus to FSX Effects? Those are the lights you may need. See my panel attachment below. Pressing "L" Key turn my lights on including the Nav-lights. Regards Herb

Guest gustavobernal

Hi myu friend, first of all thank you for taking the time to share this with all of us, unfortunately I have not been able to find the FSX.CFG you refer to in your instrutions, I am really sorry if it is a stuoid question but I even used the serch function of Windows without luckGustavo>Hi Folks,>>I glad to announce you that I made a conversion file to make>the PSS Airbus series compatible with FSX. If you follow my>instructions in the file published in the flightsim.com>library under the name PSS2FSX3.zip, you should be able to fly>those wonderful airbus in FSX flawless.>>Hope this will help alot of you. >>Best regards,>>Amedee Vermeire>>PS. of course don't ask PSS for official support on this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.