Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest ndy009

Hello againI have also another issue: When I go to the aircraft menu and select fuel, the add fuel option (I don't know if it is called like this, because I have a french version) is grey out. I cannot add fuel to the PSS A320.So my fuel load is at 0, and I cannot start the engines :-((Is there a way to fix this or to manually enter fuel quantity in the aircraft.cfg?ThanksChris

Hi Chris, I do not have those problems with the panel. I can also introduce fuel without problems. There must be something wrong in your aircraft.cfg. I have attached my panel and aircraft of the Pss A320. (I have added the gps in the panel) The original PSS A32x Virtual cockpit does not work in FSX-SP2 If you want a VC you may use the Project Airbus planes which permit the default A321 VC (and integrate the PSS Pfd,Nd and Ecam's).This has all been said above. I indicated a procedure to start the engines in my previous message. Happy landings. Guy

Guest ndy009

Hi GuyThanks for your answer. I just installed your files. The aircraft has now the ability to take fuel ;-)But I still have this half right external view in black when I'm in the VFR panel.Could it be a texture problem?Thanks for any help. I'm so impatient to fly again with my PSS A320 ;-)))Chris

Hi Chris, I do not have those problems with the panel. I can also introduce fuel without problems. There must be something wrong in your aircraft.cfg. I have attached my panel and aircraft of the Pss A320. (I have added the gps in the panel) The original PSS A32x Virtual cockpit does not work in FSX-SP2 If you want a VC you may use the Project Airbus planes which permit the default A321 VC (and integrate the PSS Pfd,Nd and Ecam's).This has all been said above. I indicated a procedure to start the engines in my previous message. Happy landings. Guy

Guest ndy009

Hi Again GuyHere is in attachment my texture files. Maybe you can check with yours and tell me if they are identical or if mine are not good anymore?Thanks Again.ChrisSecond set of Texture files.ThanksChris

Hi Chris, I cannot read those files and I don't think the problem is with the textures. But you can give it a try by downloading some pss repaints from the library, search under "PSS airbus". It could be the model.cfg, but I don't think so, and I cannot attach it as the Attach does not accept those files. It could be the image used in the VFR panel(headup.bmp). I also cannot attach it. It could also be some general setting in your FS. You can submit this problem on the Avsim general forum (fsx/fs9/). I am almost sure that somebody will give you the solution. Guy

Hi Chris,Did you really install my panel.cfg?In your first post there is this in the panel definition (last lines):[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=1480It should be (as in my panel.cfg):[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3480That's MOST SURELY the CAUSE of your problem!.Open your eyes! :( Where did you get those files(aircraft and panel) with those errors?Guy

Guest ndy009

Hi GuyHummm, you probably right, I must sleep a little bit more and get my eyes more open ;-)I will check this tonight.Edited: But as I just used your panel.cfg you sent, I don't think this will solve my problem, as yours is correct. The panel.cfg that I first post was the original one that I have a few years ago (see below).About the version of my PSS: I bought it around 8 years ago, when flying FS2002 I flied a lot with it. But unfortunately, I stopped using FS for so many years, and now I'm back with FSX.So I've got one of those first release from Phoenix Simulation.But reading some forums, it seems that I must be missing a few patches for this A320.Is there a way today to be the most up to date with this aircraft?Thanks again.Chris

Hi Chris,Did you really install my panel.cfg?In your first post there is this in the panel definition (last lines):[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=1480It should be (as in my panel.cfg):[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3480That's MOST SURELY the CAUSE of your problem!.Open your eyes! :( Where did you get those files(aircraft and panel) with those errors?Guy

Hi Chris, The FS2002 version didn't fly well in FS2004. If I remember well, it was flyable but there were some problems. One was a much too high nose-up attitude on final. So Pss did a special Fs2004 UPDATE for the A32X. I think one had to download then a complete new FS2004 version from the Pss site. If by chance you have the CD-version from justflight you can find their FS2004 update here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=45 I don't know if that update works also for the original PSS download version. Otherwise you can also download a complete new version from Justflight here: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=257 Guy

Guest ndy009

Hi GuySo, got this FS2004 update and installed it.All my texture problem in the cockpit are gone.I made all the appropriate changes you mentioned so I will now try to fly again with it and see if no more problems appear. Thanks a lot for your help.Chris

Hi Chris, The FS2002 version didn't fly well in FS2004. If I remember well, it was flyable but there were some problems. One was a much too high nose-up attitude on final. So Pss did a special Fs2004 UPDATE for the A32X. I think one had to download then a complete new FS2004 version from the Pss site. If by chance you have the CD-version from justflight you can find their FS2004 update here: http://www.justfligh...p?drdProduct=45 I don't know if that update works also for the original PSS download version. Otherwise you can also download a complete new version from Justflight here: http://www.justfligh...uct.asp?pid=257 Guy

The PSS A340 panel works also well in Thomath Ruth's A340-600 in FSX.I used his aircraft.cfg and airfile this time. As the 340-600 is overpowered I set "Thrust_scalar=0.75" (and fly_by_wire=0) in the aircraft.cfg.He has adapted the default A321 panel with VC for the A340.I use his VC with the PSS panel and have integrated the Pss Pfd,Nd and Ecam's in it. To obtain realistic take-off and landing speeds I set the ZFW in the Mcdu to an A340-300 value.The modification for the hidden parameters ("Pitch using Elevator" and "Roll usingailerons") in the MCDU to make the panel work in FSX is the same as for the otherA340/A330.Managed climb is still a bit too steep, so I use VS for climb especially below 10000 feet. Managed descent on the other hand is very equilibrated and autolandings are perfect.Guy

Hi Folks,I glad to announce you that I made a conversion file to make the PSS Airbus series compatible with FSX. If you follow my instructions in the file published in the flightsim.com library under the name PSS2FSX3.zip, you should be able to fly those wonderful airbus in FSX flawless.Hope this will help alot of you. Best regards,Amedee VermeirePS. of course don't ask PSS for official support on this.
Hello Sir!Is this file no longer availeble? unsure.gif

Hello Sir!Is this file no longer availeble?
Hi, The file is still available in the FLIGHTSIM library. Make a search for the name 'vermeire'. Then first file in the list! :( Guy

Hello Pss fans,I have uploaded some pictures of the PSS airbus in FSX here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/332695-the-pss-airbus-in-fsx/Guy

Need Tom Ruth A340-346 merge file....Any chance ...May you share merge files.I did 2D panel mod ,here is:
I didn't do a special merge for Tom's A340-600.I use his aircraft.cfg and airfile with the Pss panel.In the Mcdu I indicate a ZFW coresponding to the -300 to obtain normal take-off and landing speeds.It climbs a bit too steep, but otherwise this works well.By the way, this procedure works also well with the Project Airbus A380.If it is the VC (non clickable!) you mean, simply copy Tom's VC definitions (vccockpit01/02) into a new special version of the pss a340 panel.cfg (in place of the pss vc def's) and replace the Pfd,Nd and Ecam's by the Pss ones. I have attached my Pss panel.cfg definition for Tom's A340-300/600.(You must also copy the Airbus_A321.cab file and Tom's other definitions(Tom340) into the new special pss a340 panel folder.)My original message concerning the a340-600 is here(5 messages before this one in this thread):http://forum.avsim.net/topic/213566-pss-airbus-series-conversion-to-fsx/page__view__findpost__p__1941661Guy

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.