Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Folks,I glad to announce you that I made a conversion file to make the PSS Airbus series compatible with FSX. If you follow my instructions in the file published in the flightsim.com library under the name PSS2FSX3.zip, you should be able to fly those wonderful airbus in FSX flawless.Hope this will help alot of you. Best regards,Amedee VermeirePS. of course don't ask PSS for official support on this.

Guest BipBip

Hi,So you don't have anymore the autoland problem that made the aircraft do some "fun" things on final ?

Guest elyab

Hi!I have did it...No textures in VC. Sad.Anyway, thanks for your efforts!Regards,Eti

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Eti,You have missed something because I have textures in VCDid you the change of folder form SimObjectairplane to root FSX aircraft ? This should bring the textures back for the A320 series.Best regards,Amedee

Guest elyab

Amedee,Speaking about A32X:Yes, I've changed the folder to "FSXAircaft".There are some textures still missing (I see a number of black zones around)- minor issue.One more important thing for VC-flyer like me:I load cold&dark aircraft in VC and as soon as I switch either VFR or IFR panel for making adjustments (VC isn't clickable in A32X, as you know), it remains on the screen above any view I switch... No way to "shake" VFR/IFR panels off! Other pop-up windows disapear normally.Also noted strange behaviour of electric system:if aircraft loaded in VC-view I cannot switch batteries on (Overhead), at the same time all displays in the cockpit remain "alive" since aircraft was loaded in cold&dark state...It doesn't happen if I load in 2D-panel view.And at last, I am unable to start engines!Neither standard procedures, nor "Ctrl+E" work...Again, appreciate your efforts to "transfer" this amazing 'bus to FSX World.Regards,Eti

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Eti,The sticky main panel is a known issue, You have missed something in the panel.cfg about the server gauge which command the behaviour of the panel. In my conversion file you should find my personal e-mail address, please send me your panel.cfg I will have a look on it and correct it. Yes you are right there a still some minor textures missing in the VC.It's normal that the airplaine loads with all its electric on when the VC is first loaded. Rememeber in this forum, i the early days of the Airbus, there were also complains about that you have to either load the 2D cockpit first or cycle through it then the state of the panel will match the one you had selected. For the engine start you have to use a mix between the starndard procedure and the Ctrl+E one. Set every thing for a standard start. then when the first engine is stuck at +/- 11% N2 start the second engine and when both are stuck at the same N2 then hit Ctrl+E. This should work. Although it work for me.Best regards,Amedee VermeirePS. don't forget to send me you panel.cfg

Guest elyab

Thank you, Amedee!Now there are only two things remain to fix and PSS A32X will be practically FSX-ready:Some textures in VC:pssa32001bc6.jpgNo lights (PSS effects don't work):pssa32002el3.jpgBest regards,Eti

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Eti,Unfortunately the texture problem is beyond my knowledge. Maybe someone else could have a look at it but I think it is related to the mdl file and without PSS we cannot acces this file. Yes the lights work. You have to copy from your Fs9 install in the effect folder all PSS related files to your effect folder in FSX. Here is the list:PSS_beacon.fxPSS_light.fxPSS_navgre.fxPSS_navred.fxPSS_navwhi.fxPSS_strobe_Airbus.fxPSS_vc.fxPSS_vclight.fxHope this will help.Please report back for other users.Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Guest elyab

Amedee, well done!pssa32003ou5.jpgSure, PSS Team could add some help to solve remaining textire bug and probably combine an installer to make things run quickly as they did in FS9.A lot of thanks!!!Regards,Eti

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Eti,Thanks alot, yes there should not be very difficult for PSS to get the remaining textures avail in the VC.As I can see on your last pic, the pushback tug stops just at the nosewheel while in mine it stops farther away. Did you changed something on the contact points?Another question which air file do you use ? The original ones or the one by Jos

Guest elyab

Amedee, unfortunately pushback tug was pushed by me toward terminal building (aircraft appears slightly moving in FSX as usual but this time it didn't seem to stop at all). I just applied parking brake a moment before we both crushed into the wall...I use original air-file.Alaska free livery by Mike Starker: http://www.avsim.com/pss/userfiles/alaskaa320_iae.zipInteresting issue:while taxi and TO in KRNO (elev. 4412 FT) with MAX autobrake prepared for RTO situation noted brakes overheating effect:pssa32004gn6.jpgpssa32005em0.jpg*** I mistakenly loaded "640" in "ShiftTO" on MCDU PREF page.But everything looked normal in taxi after landing in KLAX (126FT):pssa32006we1.jpgThank you, Amedee!Regards,Eti

So far so good. I'm still not sure how to get the textures to show up in the FSX aircraft root folder. Can you spell it out a little more?I am working on some camera views so that you will get wing and engine views using the hotkeys in FSX.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Lee,To get ride of all textures problems and error messages from FSX to the following.Navigate to your root folder of FSX and create there a folder named "aircraft" like in FS9.Navigate then to your FSX.cfg file.In the (main) section <- square bracketsadd a line une the last SimObjectpaths with the path to your aircraft.If you already copied all your PSS aircarft into simObjectsairplane, cut them from there and paste them into the new aircraft folder.If you didn't copied your files from FS9 then copy all your PSS files from your FS9 install to the aircraft folder of FSX.Fire up FSX and you should have almost all textures in the VC and all textures in external view. Hope this help, Best regards,Amedee

Thanks, Amedee, I'll try that. In the meantime try pasting the below camera definitions to your A321 aircraft.cfg and see what you think. The views are easily accessed through the hotkeys 5,6,7 and 8.If it works I'll work on a set for the A320 and the A319Let me know what you think.Lee[CameraDefinition.0]Title = "Right Side Window"Guid = {54F54B8A-3EC2-2D4E-8D10-B8F9D0F16ACC}Description = View of the right wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 2.2, 1.0, 0InitialPbh = 5, 0, 100XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=8[CameraDefinition.1]Title = "Left Side Window"Guid = {0ae3f864-da10-4e5a-977c-b9bba47d6f7a}Description = View of the left wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .8ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -2.2, 1.0, 0InitialPbh = 5, 0, 260XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=7[CameraDefinition.2]Title = "Landing Gear"Guid = {96873AAD-621B-4C45-8A58-DEF7B7FCB051}Description = Right rear pax view first classOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .70ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 2.1, 1.0, 11InitialPbh = 16, 0, 129XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.3]Title = "Tail"Guid = {5c1df273-034b-4e7f-953a-9d5e26f1646c}Description = Right Rear Cockpit ViewOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .70ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 1.7, 2.1, 15.2InitialPbh = 5, 0, 140XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.4]Title = "Right Wing"Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}Description = Left rear cockpit viewOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .70ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -1.7, 2.1, 15.2InitialPbh = 5, 0, 220XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect = FALSEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.5]Title = "Left Wing"Guid = {f25dfa2e-fd2e-4b89-81e2-0575cbcb60de}Description = Left rear pax view first classOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.70ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -2.1, 1.0, 11InitialPbh = 16, 0, 229XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect = NoClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.35, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=2, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.65, 0.50, -0.2InitialPbh=70, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.7, -0.58, -0.31InitialPbh=-58.0, 0, 0

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest jgcomp

Amedee, Congratulations. I successfully implanted the PSS A320 into FSX according to your instructions. It flies very well including takeoff. However, it does "crazy" things on final. It "searches for the runway, goes around in circle, swings back and forth to the left and then to the right of the localizer and so on. Actually it is no longer reliable. Autopilot has to be disabled entirely and landing made entirely manually otherwise it is a sure crash. I tried the same landings back into FS9 and they went on very well repeatedly. Went back again to FSX and landings under the same circumstances went sour very time. Any comments? Anybody with a solution?Jean-Guy

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.