Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Hi all, The interest in the Pss Airbus is still great, seeing the number of reads of this thread! Guy

When I am using FMC i have problemI cant access TAkeoff init on PERF pagePERF page is starting with CLB,not takeoffPlease help meThanks a lot

When I am using FMC i have problemI cant access TAkeoff init on PERF pagePERF page is starting with CLB,not takeoffPlease help meThanks a lot
Yes,on the PSS airbus the takeoff page does not appear sometimes, I never found out in what conditions it happens exactly.Something you can try:Load first the default Cessna 172 before loading the Pss bus, so that everything basic is correctly initialised.Guy

Thanks a lot for quick reply, mate :)I have another problemHOw can I configurate Throttle for PSS A320I am using PRO FLIGHT YOKETHANKS

Thanks a lot for quick reply, mate :)I have another problemHOw can I configurate Throttle for PSS A320I am using PRO FLIGHT YOKETHANKS
I have a joystick and use the throttles(cursor) only for taxying on the ground with the Pss airbus.I then use the "+" and "-" signs (of the num.panel) to set the different thrust settings flex/takeoff/climb/idle/reverse .On the airbus in flight the throttles remain normally in the climb detent until the retard call just before landing.Don't know how to configure your throttles!If this doesn't help, you better open a specific thread with corresponding title in this or better the Fsx or Fs9 general forum! (this thread is about converting the pss bus for FSX)Guy

"+" is next DETENT, and "-" is previous detent.You can use the Panel Configuration Utility (Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Pss/A3xx) to assign other keys , but you cannot assign to throttle this way.I did a search now for "throttle" on this forum and it seems that the assignement WORKS with the help of FSUIPC! (registered version) "It can be done with the advanced axis programming capabilities in FSUIPC. It's possible to set ranges for the detents and have FSUIPC send the "+" and "-" keys when entering the range for each detent."Here are two messages that will interest you:http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry1372436http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry1372410Guy

As this thread has still many readings and as the old text is not so readable any more here is a short sum up:

To make the Pss airbus work in FSX:

Apply A.Vermeire's modifications (file pss2fsx3.zip in the Flightsim library)

After each load of the aircraft apply then the following modifications to the "hidden parameters" : (to get the hidden parameters right click on the INIT button of the Mcdu, and then Next page)

On the "Pitch using Elevator" page:

for the A32x : Max Accel=0.30 Decel zone= 3.0

for the A330/A340: Max Accel= 1 Decel zone= 4.0

On the "Roll using ailerons " page:

for the A32x/A330/A340: Max Accel=25.0 Decel zone= 6.0

For the A32x (A319/20/21) add also a parameter "pitch_stability=2.8" (instead of 1.0) in the "flight_tuning" section of the aircraft.cfg.

For manual flying it is important to have "AxisIntercepts=Yes" positioned in the Fsuipc4.ini file as indicated in A.Vermeire's notice.

That's all!

With those modif's the Pss Airbus fly VERY WELL in FSX.

Everything works as in Fs9: model, panel, autoflight, MCDU, the systems and also autolanding.

But there are also some RESTRICTIONS :

-Fly by wire protections and autotrim do not work!

-Some Instability when switching off the AP at high speed!

-Vc of A32x has no textures!

Some small problems with the A330/340:

-In the VC there is some transparency around the gear lever and autobrake.

You can blacken it by setting the background_color=16,16,16 in the Vccockpit01 section of the panel.

-The wipers appear inside the 2d panel . You can change this by adding a Zorder parameter in the panel definition: Zorder = 0 for the wiper window(09), Zorder = 1 for the two main windows(01,02) and Zorder=2 for all the other windows.

Concerning autotrim: Turning on the FSX Fly_by_Wire=1 in the aircraft.cfg gives bad results as nothing work's anymore. So better leave it OFF !

The Loadedit functions in FSX for the A330/340, but it awaits the PSS aircraft in an FSX/Aircraft directory (like in FS9)

http://forum.avsim.n...-airbus-in-fsx/

Guy

To eliminate the INSTABILITY which can happen when switching off the AP at high speed

or when flying manually :

SET (after aircraft load) for all models (A32x/A330/A340)

on the "G Load using Trimmer" page (7-th and last page) of the hidden parameters

the parameter MAX CONTROLLER Change = 30 (instead of 200).

Guy

Hi,

I recently switched to FSX and tried to implement the PSS A3xx. I followed the above instructions (by copying all files into FSX/aircraft folder). Everthing does work BUT the APR or LOC modes would not engage. When I am on the localizer and press the APR button nothing happens. Same with LOC button, no reaction. The buttons whow up as clickable, but no reaction? What am i doing wrong in my FSX. I have a registered FSUIPC version?

Found the "Solution": I have entered a FP into the MCDU and then also the APR button does work :-)

Best regards Helmut

Edited by hvogt

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.