Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest fmalder

Hi Amedee,I install my pss copying files from FS9, creating the aircraft folder.I have the solution to use the keyboard for the MDCU. I modify the 'confing' file situated on folder PSSAirbus A3xx. I change the last lines as detailed:[MCDU entry]MCDUMethod=1MCDUShift=0MCDUCtrl=1MCDUAlt=0MCDUWin=1MCDUMenu=0MCDUCaps=0MCDUNum=1MCDUScroll=1With this configuration, when you have on, the Scroll and Numpad, appear the flashing K, and you can write directly using the keyboard.Switch off, the Scroll or Numpad and goes off.Don't try to do this with the configuration utility. It's not respond.Bye.Fmalder.

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Fmalder,Thank you very much for your tip about the keyboard for the MCDU. If you agree I will insert this in my next reviosion of my conversion file.I have also the problem of the figures not been kept by the MCDU. I have also ported my PSS aircraft from FS9. Itwould be intersting to know if somebody used the instller if they have the same behaviour or not. If not I suspect a registry entry that points to the correct APtuning.dat file were the figures are stored. What's very strange is that the APtuning.dat file in my FSX folder is amended with the right figures but the MCDU sdtill loads the original figures for FS9.Has to be investigated. If someone who used the installer could answere that would be great. thanks in advance.best regards,Amedee Vermeire

Guest fmalder

Hi Vermeirea,Any problem, go ahead, the purpose is help all people.Excuse me but I don't understand, when you refer, the figures of MDCU.Good job, all continue working to do usefull the pss in FSX.Bye.Fmalder.

Guest fmalder

Hi,I have another problem.When I Switch on the autopilot, the horizontal part don't work very well. The airplane no continue the heading, It is turning left left left and lost the heading, also if you have a flight plan in the MCDU.Anybody know this problem.P.S. I changed in the MCDU the roll to 1000, but continue the problem.Thanks.Fmalder.

Guest sunny

Hey Guys,First of all I'd like to thank everybody here for all the input. And you Amedee have done a remarkable job with your instructions.Everything works pretty much like a charm. I use the IFDG/PSS merge in FSX now and have the following requests:1. Can someone post the Pitch, Roll, Speed,etc. settings which are set in your original PSS MCDU (right click on the Init-Button). I know that the settings for Roll have encountered an update in this post (page3). What about the other ones, what are the default values?The reason for this is, because I might have unintentionally overwritten some pages (pitch,...).2. And I got another question for all the aerodynamic gurus :-)Since I use the IFDG .AIR file and .CFG, do I have to change the values in the MCDU or are the default PSS values (with the roll-change of course).Does someone have any experience with the IFDG/PSS in FSX? It seems to be working - even with ILSCAT3 autoland. Wanted to do doublecheck though.Thank you!Greets Marc

Guest jgcomp

Hi Amedee, I have been flying the PSS A320 well into FSX since your conversion method for it. Initially I "imported" the A320 only and yesterday I decided, since the A320 performs so well, to "import" the A330 and the A340 as well. I went back to your procedures and everything is OK except that I cannot get the thrust lever to move forward when I press the + (plus) key on the numpad or backwards when pressing the - (minus)key as it does so nicely with the A320. When pressing the minus key, somehow I get a message displayed at the bottom left saying "differential braking". I checked assignments and they are the same as those used for the A320. I have been through files and compared them to find out whether I had forgotten something but to no avail. The only difference in the "importation" between the A320 and the A330/A340 is the A320 was a complete reinstall directly into FSX while the A330/A340 was done by copying files from FS9. Would you have an idea where I could look further to clear this issue. Do I need to do a complete reinstall or possibly a "repair" through PSS but then I am afraid this might affect my A320 which is working so well. Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.Jean-Guy

Guest Vermeirea

Hi Jean-Guy,I have to check this out because I didn't really flow the A330 in FSX yet. I was focused on the A320 series. But as soon as I have some info I will come back to you. By the way, as you made a reinstall of your A320 in FSX do you also suffer from the not stored MCDU settings or are thy saved and restored properly after FS shutdown ? I didn't the re-install and each time I have to re-enter the values for ailerons roll page into the MCDU. I would be glad if you could answer this question !Best regards,Amedee

Guest jgcomp

Hi Amedee,I found what the problem was. The problem is with the "Panel Configuration Utility" which comes with the aircrafts. When using the "manual copy method" the individual Panel Configuration Utility no longers knows the new paths for the aircrafts. Doing a reinstall, obviously, puts everything in the right places. And all utilities such as the LoadEdit and the Panel configuration work as intended. That I found after doing a full reinstall of the A320/A330/A340. Of course your modifications to the Panel CFG have to be inserted.Now for the new MCDU values, they still (despite the re-install) have to be re-inserted each time I load any of the A320/A330/A340 aircrafts. However, it is becoming now a habit. Finally, when doing a re-install with the installer,I found that leaving files where the installer put them (i.e. it creates a Aircraft folder) is OK. The system works nicely and they are being seen by FSX. I then created a thumbnail.JPG for each aircraft which I inserted in the texture folder of the aircraft in order to get a picture when I open the "Select Aircraft" dialog from FSX.Jean-Guy

Guest jgcomp

Further to my previous message, would you please advise what the correct value for "Max Controller Change" should be? Is it 2000 or 1000. There was some confusion at some time on this and I lost my notes on the correct value that should be entered. ThanksJean-Guy

Guest guyber

The conversion seemed to be working well, however it locks up my computer at different times! Usually it is before I can get to taxi to the runway, however sometimes I have flown complete flights with lockup shortly after landing.I hear a "fsssst" sound and then the whole system locks. I have to do a reboot and start all over.I am running a Core2 6600, 2G ram, 7600GT video, XP pro.I have imported a few 2004 aircraft and have some payware also which seem to be operating fine.Any suggestions apprecitated...Guy

Guest skytrain

>I am also very grateful to you for the outstanding work.>After you resolved my panel.cfg all is perfect. After>tweeking the FMC I am able to fly all of the>Airbusses(319,320,330 and 340) perfectly and there are no>problems. Thanks for great work. The new problem I have now>is all of them have very sluggish take off roll for the same>settings as in FS9 and unless I do a manual takeoff thrust and>only engage the autothrotle (ie Flex or TOGA) just after lift>off, I always run out of runway before V1. I also notice the>FMC gives me the same TO speeds for flap settings 1,2 or 3.>Anybody with similar experience? How can I resolve?>>Seetella Any Suggestions folks? I am still suffering the same problem. Aircraft take off in reasonable distance in FS9 and invariably overshoot runway in FSX or occationally just manage to reach V1 speed just before end of runway.HelpSeetella

Guest DannyITR

Hi guys, I just installed this on my FSX with Vista and using a Nvidia G-Force 7900GS video card. I cannot seem to start my engines on the A320. I only get like 13% of N2 and it holds there. I followed the procedure to the letter. Can someone help me? Edit: Never mind. For some reason I missed the explanation on the first page. I still have a black spot on my main panel however in the center at the bottom.

Guest DannyITR

I'm having alot of trouble with takeoffs. The plane seems like its sticking itself onto the runway. I need to pull all the way back and use full trim just to make it off the runway. I'm using the settings mentioned on page 3 of this thread. My autopilot has a mind of its own too. Above 10,000 feet the pitch just starts swaying uncontrollable until I'm either stalling or in a nosedive back and fourth until I crash. Help :(

Guest jgcomp

Read Vermeira reply #21 on Jan 14. My problems stopped with that mod.And then give us the results, please.Jean-Guy

Guest guyber

Bump....Has any one else had this problem with the conversion?Any ideas at all might be helpful.Thanks,Guy

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.