Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stouty

Radio problems

Guest Stouty

I know this problem came up many times before, but after reading almost every post I never saw my fix. I don't have ILS, VOR or ADF communication at all. I start FS from the default cessna screen, cold and dark, then load in my 320. I have all the correct info on the appr. page including; runway, QNH, MDA... The RAD screen shows the correct frequency.I press the ILS button when I'm in range and the correct frequency comes up. I engage LOC when in range of the ILS. NOTHING.I played around with the VOR on the pedestal and there is nothing happening. I had the switches on.I have FSUIPC ver. 3.60 registered and the extended battery set to "0".I had the PSS 320 a couple of years ago and didn't have this problem. I reinstalled this from my files on the PSS home page to my new computer.I hope someone can make me feel stupid and find a fix.Thanks,Bill

First off Stouty, you can only tune the ILS using the FMS. Go to FP input route then select landing runway then the ILS will automatically be programmed in the FP. Use the EHSI knobs to switch from your FP route map to the ILS localizer. When the ILS is in your range press the APPR button on the MCP to capture the ILS.

Guest dmelia

Bill, HiI had an issue with the ILS on the PSS A319/320/321 package in FS9.1 I don't think it matters what version of FSUIPC you have - I have a freeware version 3.71 - although it comes with a payware aircraft, you'd think they'd give you a key wouldn't you? Anyway...Start from the default flight, then change field, gate, weather, time, season and finally aircraft.When you're programing the MCDU, goto the NAV RAD page and try changing the frequency on the ADF - did it work? Cool! Thats a clue that the rest should be OK.Once youve got your route - sorry - this isn't a boeing is it? - your FLIGHT-PLAN entered (and saved, of course) go back to NAV RAD - you should see that NAV1 and 2 are pre-set - the frequencies and ident of the station are in small type - when you manually enter a frequency/ident it becomes large type. I found that if I have manually tuned either NAV1 or NAV2, it won't pick up the ILS frequency and course no matter what I do, LOC and APPR will not select - its like it doesn't recognise it as an ILS frequency. SO, leave NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies ALONE! Let the MCDU retune them as you fly. About 25 miles out, on the MCDU, activate approach phase, switch on ILS - nothing will happen yet. About 20 miles out, the pre-set ILS frequency and course will switch to the NAV1 radio - you see, PSS only modelled ONE nav radio, and it switches frequencies on the fly. If you have ILS switched on, (lit green), you'll see it appear bottom left of the PFD and top right of the ND in magenta (well, actually its pink). Then you can hit LOC, and it should select, when your establised, and the G/S is one dot above centre on the vertical scale, hit APP, and she'll land like a good 'un - just watch your flap extension shedule, and don't forget the old speed brakes!One more thing, apparently, If you have had cause to tune NAV1 or 2 manually (bold) pressing CLR and selecting either LSK1L or 1R, it will revert back to auto-tuning, but I haven't been brave enough to try it! Maybe you could try it and let me know?Bon Chance, mon brave!And don't feel stupid - it took me almost an entire day to find this out!Drew Melia (BAW0220)drew.melia@ntlworld.com

Guest vrandar

Drew, I have always recommended not entering ILS data manually into the MCDU. I don't know why but it does seem to cause more problems than one would expect. If you clear the manually entered entries it should revert to the computed, if not re-enter the arrival runway in your flight plan page and it will re-set the RAD NAV page.No it's not a Boeing and thank goodness for that! Thank you for the email, I agree with everything you said and the guidance you gave above.Cheers,RobRob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest NormanB

>- I have a freeware version 3.71 - although it comes with a>payware aircraft, you'd think they'd give you a key wouldn't>you? Anyway...Drew,PSS already pay for the FSUIPC connections needed for our aircraft. Having a registered version makes no difference. The only FS software I know that actually gives you a key for FSUIPC is Project Magenta - something running into many hundreds of pounds. If you want a key for FSUIPC with your aircraft I will happily arrange it. The downside is that the aircraft would be more expensive equal in amount to the cost of the aircraft plus an FSUIPC registration :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.