Sign in to follow this  
Guest brand_da_man

How do i enter PACOTS - Pacific Tracks?

Guest brand_da_man

Hi,How would i enter PACOTS/Pacific Tracks into the 'bus' MCDU.For example.... 4000N/13000W Thanks,Brandon

Guest vrandar

The easiest way is probably by using FSBuild to build and export the flight plan in PSS A320 format including PACOTS. I will check alternative direct input methods when I get home a bit later.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Much easier than it looks! There is a shortcut that is not in the manual but works, from the real deal. In the nothern hemispere, and west longitudes you use an "N", nothern hemisphere with eastern longitudes use "E", southern hemispere and west longitudes use "W", and southern and eastern use "S" - in the following format:For a waypoint such as 5600N and 04000W, over the Atlantic for instance, just type:5640Nand enter that. If your longiude is above 100, swap the position of the "hemispere indicator". So if your waypoint is 6500N 13100W you type in:65N31So for your example just type 40N30If you want to enter 3000S 02000E you would use 3020S

Guest brand_da_man

Really? I thought that was how you enter it on Boeings and Airbus was different.Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.