Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neil McAllister

ILS Approach A330

Guest Neil McAllister

Hi folks,I recently purchased the A330 base package and set off on a very short flight EGLL to EGAA. I was at 2400ft getting ready to land on R25 at the correct Vspeed and flaps at full, however as I turned on the app button, I noticed that the aircraft overlly pitched forward and actually landed on the nose wheel first?I only had a small fuel load as determined for the flight, but do not think this was the problem.Has anyone else encountered the same during approach or is it possible that I had done something wrong in the programing of the FMC?Any help would be appreciatedCheers Neil.

Guest davidbernard

Hi!Recently had the same experience (auto)landing at KLAX, landing weight well within the limits and 36000KT wind conditions. David Bernard

Guest vrandar

Neil and David, could you both send me an email (address below) and I will send you the Bob Scott FDE adjustments zip file for the A330 and A340 which personally I think are very good and which might solve this for you.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest isagani67

Dear Rob,I wish to have that file too. I thought it is normal for Airbus. It's been almost two years now I am flying my 330/340-pro. What I was doing is disconnect AT and at 100 AGL reduce thrust below vref to have 2-3 deg. pitch up and flare it a touchdown or land on 3flaps configuration.I would really appreciate if you could send me too.Thank you in advance.Best regards,Isagani Casasemail: isagani@goldensands.ae

Guest Neil McAllister

Isagani,I have to say that the file that Rob sent me made a vast improvement on the final approach for A330. No more steep dive!Again thanks to Rob for the file.Cheers Neil..

Guest fullflapsplease

I also had this issue though everytime I complained it was rubbished.You shouldn't need to have someone elses FDE it shoud work 1st time as you've paid for something to do just that!But, as we are seeing throughout the PSS product range they are completely incompetent and couldn't care less about their customers.Mark.

Guest isagani67

Hello Mark,You are absolutely right. We do understand that it is a program that has no guaranty of its perfection but at least they should not ignor somebody's complaint most specially when it is found genuine. For me PSS/PMDG/Level-D are the top developer for passenger aircrafts and several time the last two had release updates and find fixes whenever necessary. Why PSS is ignoring us?Regards,Isagani

Guest Neil McAllister

Isagani,Has Rob been able to send you the FDE file, if not i'm sure that he would not mind if I sent it to you.Cheers Neil..

Guest vrandar

I was away in London for three days so did not see the request from Isagani until I checked my email at Gatwick at lunchtime today. I immediately sent him the file.I never had a real issue with the original FDE but do accept that Bob Scott's version is better and I use his FDE myself. He no longer has his website up and running which is why I send the files out when asked. Edit: although the files are also in the User Edits section of the PSS website and have been for a long time!As we support staff (locked in the basement of PSS Towers) don't have access to the code there is nothing we can do about issuing updates, sorry. But I think it's a bit unfair Mark to say we don't care. We do. But it's not for me to make or even recommend commercial decisions, even though I'd love to.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest isagani67

Gentlemen,Many thanks Rob for all your help. It did very well last night when I had a test flight at EGLL-EGPK for both 330&340. I compared it with an actual landing video footage sent by my son and it did replicate.All I hope that PSS people (on the higher floor) hahaha...would realised that sometime customers satisfaction does not correlate with the mathematical equation that if 99-1 = 98 but instead 99-1=0.It happens everywhere, I too sometime extend my hand beyond but helpless to do it officially.Best regards & have a nice day.Isagani

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.