Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX_60

Activating Approach Phase - "S-Speed"

Guest FLEX_60

Hi guys,I recently "returned" back to the old and beautiful A320 after a long break from it! :-)I experimented a bit with the aircraft.cfg file swaping the pss one with the ones found on the internet and I noticed a very weird change! Using the default (PSS) .air and aircraft.cfg files when I take off I don't have an indication of the S-speed on the speed tape (PFD) and when I activate the approach phase (MCDU) during approach (with managed speed) it reacts as it should ie. Flaps 0 = Green Dot Flaps 1 = S- speed etc etc.When I change the PSS aircraft.cfg file (only!! keeping PSS .air file) I get the opposite reaction. I have an indication of the S-speed on the speed tape on initial climb but on approach when I activate the approach phase (managed speed) the speed stays at green dot for flaps 0 and 1 and moves to S-speed only when selecting flaps 2 or going first to flaps 2 and back to flaps 1 so now the actual configuration is 1+F not just 1 (slats only)!!The only change being the replacement of the default aircraft.cfg with another one I guess that the S-speed issue has to do with a variable included in the aircraft.cfg. I know PSS doesn't give support if we change their configuration but can anyone suggest which variables I should look in the aircraft.cfg?Thanks in advance,Marios

Guest vrandar

You can't just swap the aircraft.cfg for one you found on the internet and expect it to work. The air file and cfg are designed to work in tandem so just replacing one or the other will lead to unexpected results.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest FLEX_60

Hi,I know that those two go together, I was just experimenting though. Anyway I found where the variables are, under Flaps.0 section :-)ThanksMarios

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.