Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Fixing the jumping horizon

Guest SD Sim

Hi All,Real Otter recently sent me a panel for the Goose that has one aspect in particular I really like - when I switch from 2D cockpit to minipanel view, the horizon does not shift like it does on so many other planes. I tried increasing the size of the scenery screen (y=6143) per his recommendation, but I still get that shifting horizon between views. Does anybody know how to edit the panl.cfg so that the horizon doesn't shift? If not, maybe you'd be willing to take a look at the cfg file for the Goose and the Beaver so that I can fix the horizon shift on the Beaver??Any and all help would be appreciated.

Guest SD Sim

OK - although the fix didn't work (yet) on the Beaver, it did work great on the Iberia DC3 by Jorge. So here is the set of commands in question:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=6143 <---The last entry previously was much lower (something like 4100). Increasing to 6143 stretches the external view across the entire vertical axis of the screen. This also prevents (at least in some cases) the horizon of the main view from changing when toggling between the 2D-cockpit view and the minipanel.I hope that some people out there find this useful. Thanks Otter :-beerchug

Hi David.I have an answer for your hic with the Beaver panel.The first thing to do, you did it.>>> X=0>>> Y=0>>> SIZE_X=8191>>> SIZE_Y=6143 <---But you have another thing to check in the panel.cfg file: the &l;VIEWS&r; section. Take a look of this pic.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e3cb2f36a0973e2.jpgYou have to set the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR pitch at 0.00 or put double slash at the beginning of the line to desactivate it. That's all.

Guest SD Sim

Hi Real,I tried the second fix, but unfortunately it didn't help. I have noticed that when I pull down the 2D panel, the main view isn't stretched across the entire screen, despite my edit to the panel.cfg. Could this have something to do with the additional VFR panel?