Sign in to follow this  
Guest w1ngnut

PSS Airbus Pro

Guest vrandar

Point taken, but please confirm this happens after you have followed our recommendation and started your FS session with a default MS aircraft as the default flight. If you have then we will investigate as there has to be something else that is causing this as it is most unusual.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest w1ngnut

Rob,I have fixed the flight control problem - my fault - a typo in the config file.I am still having problems with the battery drain and starting the engines.I have upgraded the version of FSUIPC to 3.7 and added extend battery life = 0 to the .ini file.Any other suggestions?Trevor

Guest drew melia

Erm...I gotta say chaps I'm a little confused by all of this. I have several PSS aircraft, including the Airbus pro series. On the Airbus, apart from the mouse flicker which is easily fixed, I've only had one problem - and thats when the ILS doesn't get picked up if I've got my NAV RADs switched to MAN. If I leave 'em on auto its OK and at the moment while I'm learning how to fly it, I'm happy to let the F/O handle the radios! sooner or later I'll experiment a bit to see what I can do with it. Other than that, Its fine! I'v never flown a real airbus - or any other commercial airliner - so whether or not pitch response, bank angle or anything else is true to life, I don't know.I can understand the disappointment of some of you, having spent good money, you naturally want all the bells and whistles and "as real as it gets". I have hundreds of payware aircraft, and believe me, some are better than others, and some I have been disappointed with. Wilcos A320 PIC, the blurb vaunts the wonderful VC panel, but neglects to mention that its ONLY VC! A bit of a handful on approach, panning and zooming with your hat switch all over the place! Ariane 737NG - very pretty, very expensive, but the FMC is to be added at a later date - grrrrr. Captain Sims 757 and that ridiculous modular add on system, PMDG 737 insists I un install all other PMDG products first....And theres not a single payware aircraft - not even the highly aclaimed PMDG 747-400 or the LDS 767-300ER, that DON'T recommend starting from the default flight first.You see, payware or not they ALL have their glitches, but when it comes to a compromise between flyability, systems modelling and good looking panels and aircraft, for my money, PSS is the best out there.Even, dare I say it, than the LDS 767. Good as it is, on my system at least, the panel on the PSS 757 is WAY better - even though the systems modelling may not be as detailed - one thread I saw was a guy moaning that the 757 panel was TOO good - no scratches or wear! What???!So come on people, the guys are aware of the issues and working on them. Its Christmas. Lets cut 'em some slack, eh? Its a good aricraft.Drew MeliaBAV, DVA & Finnair-Virtual

Guest vrandar

Sorry for the delay. OK, you have set your battery life in FSUIPC to indefinite. That is good. But please, I have asked on a few occasions for you to try starting with a default MS aircraft (avionics on, engines off and saved as the default flight) and then switching. I do it every single time I fire up the sim and don't get this problem. You haven't said whether you have tried it. If you have tried it and the problem persists then we have to look at another cause. If you choose not to even try that then I can't offer any more help on this issue. Please give it a go and let us know whether it solves the problem.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest w1ngnut

Sorry Rob,Didn't mention that I am starting with a default aircraft, avionics on,engines off.The battery goes flat as soon as the voltmeter for bat 1 reads 28 volts.If I start the engines as soon as I have the APU up and running, I can sometimes get them to start, but it is a very hit and miss affair.As an aside, have you or anyone else experienced problems with downloading real time weather updates lately?I wanted to see what flying into Heathrow was like in the fog and I could not get the weather to download.Cheerstrevor

Guest vrandar

Re the weather: apparently over the last week they've had problems with the servers at Seattle during an annual upgrade. I thought it had been fixed yesterday. I don't use FS9 weather but use Activesky6.5 from www.hifisim.com so was able to watch the amazing fog at Heathrow. It's been a lovely couiple of days up here in the north of Scotland though.I'll have another look at your problem tomorrow and see if there is some way I can try to replicate it and figure out a solution.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest w1ngnut

Hi Drew,I understand what you are saying, but I cannot agree with you.What I still fail to understand is why can I start a from a freeware aircraft, say a posky A330, and fly it without major problems.No battery going flat, engines starting without problem etc., yet something I pay for and supposedly something of better quality, I have to mess about with a default aircraft first, the battery goes flat, engines won't start....., so what's my incentive to buy these add on aircraft?OK, the freeware aircraft usually need a bit of tweaking and a half decent panel installing, but then again Airbus Pro needs some tweaking, well in my case it does.I use Eric Marciano's panels, and admittedly they're not as good as PSS panels but they work without major problems and they're free.I have it down to about five minutes to install one of these panels, so no great hassle there.So again, what's my incentive to buy add on aircraft?The flight dynamics might be better, the models may be better, or have more moving parts, but at the end of the day, I've had these aircraft for 14 days now and still cannot fly them.As for working on the issues - they have had four years since the original product release and two years since FS 2004 came out, and the problems are still there.Question: Would take delivery of a new car if the salesman told you when you go to pick it up "Oh, by the way, you can only start the engine if the passenger door is open, third gear only works below 50 mph and the radio only works when the car is at a standstill?If the answer is no - why accept the same kind of limitations in software?If the answer is yes - I have a car you may be interested in!Cheerstrevor

Guest w1ngnut

Yep, my panel looks exactly like yours, apu on, apu bleed on, fuel pumps on, switch to ign/start and engine master on.As I said, starting the engines is very hit and miss - but I have never been able to get both started.I was under the impression that magicbattery was for FSUIPC 4.0 and that 3.xx used extend battery life instead?if I turn the apu genny off the voltage drops and turning on ground power makes no difference, the voltage keeps dropping!I'll get some screenies of the engine start sequence for you in the morning, if work allows.I'll also try removing the FSUIPC .ini file and see what effect that hasCheerstrevor

[blockquote] was under the impression that magicbattery was for FSUIPC 4.0 and that 3.xx used extend battery life instead?if I turn the apu genny off the voltage drops and turning on ground power makes no difference, the voltage keeps dropping![/blockquote]trevor:the magicbattery line comes directly from my FSUIPC's ini file (registered version).look forward to the pictures.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Trevor,In case you are still having problems, as I did, see thread "A319/320 Installation". I resolved mine by making the following moves:-1) Setup up a default flight ,using the Beechcraft, FS Default craft. As per instructions in the FS9 test flight, notepad script to be found in the A3*** documents.2) Then change aircraft to the Airbus model you want.3) Try positioning the mouse by the range/heading or any of the adjustable buttons on the 2D panel. If it starts flickering, even though you have installed the "Mouse flickerpatch". Change the aircraft back to the "Beechcraft", wait a few moments, then revert back to the "Airbus" and repeat the test. I have only had to do this excersise once.4) If all is well, then move "GoTo" the airport you actually want and set Time and date to suit.Ater doing the above, I still thought, all was not quite right, so I shut down FS9 and decided to look at the hard drive via Defrag. I do a Defrag at least once a week and when it came up this time, C: was in bits, a real mess and I had to run Defrag three times to get the drive looking acceptable.Since doing the above, I have done at least 8-9 flights with no problems.Prior to this I was using the Cessna as the default plane.Regards JohnT

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.