Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

RED TAPES AT 350 Kts!!

ok sorry, right i think it may be a MCDU entry?can u suggest anything on that,,I no how to get the ZFW how do you find the block weight?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest vrandar

The block fuel is the amount of fuel you need freom pushback art your departure to shutdown on arrival: it is made up of calculations of fuel for:- trip distance- ZFW- taxi time- APU fuel- distance to alternate- holding - contingency - final legal reservewith adjustments for:- planned flight level- wind speed and whether head or tail wind- total air temperature- aircraft type (A319/A320/A321)There is a fuel planner for your PSS Airbus in the flight simulator 9 PSSAirbus A3XX folder then either then metric FP or US FP folder depenfing on whether you are loading fuel in kilos (tonnes) or lbs. I also put a spreadsheet in to the Airbus hangar at Speedbirdonline in my address below, but try the PSS one first. Once you know how much fuel to load enter this into the MCDU at the block fuel entry in the INIT page 2 and also in the FS9 Fuel and Payload section starting with the wing tanks first and once they are full putting the balance required in the centre tank.Edit: depending on the distance to the alternate I would normally be aiming to arrive at the destinatio airport with between 2.3 and 3 tonnes (3000kgs) on boardk, whatever that is in lbs.One you've had a look at the fuel planner let me now if you need any further advice about fuel planning.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

And if the worst comes to the worst and you can manage it, and it's o.k with him, it might be a good idea to send Rob a screen shot or two of your MCDU inputs and panel at cruise level.Tim

Everything is sorted now and i have no problems.I would like to thank everyone who has shown interest and has helped out. i have great respect for these people especcially Vrandar and Timvee.The problem was a mixture of a MCDU and most important the 'display true airspeed' was checked when the other one should have been.Thank you so much everybody involved, i will be looking through the forums alot and giving a helping hand when ever possibleThanks again AlexWb if possible cheers

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Glad to hear it's all sorted Alex!There's nothing more frustrating than having an add-on that doesn't seem to be working properly and no greater relief than when you get it sorted!Tim

Guest fyrestrtr

I had the exact same problem and I thought I was doing something wrong, and I was checking all the *wrong* things.Thanks for bringing this up, I'll give this thread a read next time I'm in the bus.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.