Sign in to follow this  
Guest gramaticus

LOWI R/W 26 LLZ/DME East approach

Guest gramaticus

Hello Members.Using the PSS A330 for an approach into Innsbruck from the East (in this case Linz)After NDB RTT 303 in my FMGS, I've added a Pseudo waypoint as RTT/210/005 (If anyone has the same chart as me its LOWI Page M1 dated 13JUN02)This pseudo waypoint also equates to OEV/255/021, or rather it would if it didn't return an error "NOT IN DATABASE" when trying to use this option. However OEV 111.10 can be selected in the RAD/NAV page of the FMC and will quite happily autoland using either single or dual landings.Q..Why can't I select a pseudo waypoint based on OEV andIf OEV is not in the database, how can it be selected for ILS useMany thanksPaul Jennings

Sorry, but an autoland is for sure not a good idea for an LOC DME approach with 5 degrees offset to the runway heading

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Guest gramaticus

Hi Wolfgang.Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't answer either of my questions.I suppose I could be accused of giving too much information, but I'm certain that if I didn't give it, I sure would have been asked for it. I need to know why I cannot add a Psuedo waypoint based on a selectable ILS frequencyRegardsPaul

Guest vrandar

Paul, could I request that you place any further questions directly into the PSS Airbus forum where I will see it earlier.The reason you can't put OEV into the MCDU is that it is the localiser, not a VOR or NDB. This is the same at any airport.The computers will pick up OEV automatically providing you have put the runway into the F-PLN page. Just check once you have done this that on the RAD NAV page the correct ILS freq is showing at LSK3L. For an autoland I would also recommend putting the ILS freq, in this case 111.1, into LSK1R on the RAD NAV page (for redundancy) and activating both autopilots. Also make sure that the ILS button on the glareshield is pressed as this puts the ILS frequency and OEV identifier into the bottom left of the PFD as a visual aid.Edit: you shouldn't be doing an autoland anyway on runway 26 at LOWI, it is an offset ILS so really needs manual from about 6 miles.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.