Sign in to follow this  
Guest purplemonkey

A URGENT Flight Control Laws

Guest purplemonkey

I should state I am experiencing problems in both 2002 and 2004Thank you

which airbus package are you flying? A32X or A330/340? the A32X was designed for FS8 and patched to FS9 ... control laws were 'better' modeled in FS8. A330/340 was designed for FS9 (though was in development before PSS had access to the FS9 SDKs) and flight models aren't the best. download a user air file edit (A330-A340 FDE v1.2J by Robert Scott) from the PSS website ('user edit' section).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest vrandar

Apart from letting us know which Airbus you are flying, when you set the altitude are there any constraints that have been set in the flightplan as part of the SID that might be overriding your entered alt if you are in managed mode? Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

rob:purplemonkey (if that is his given name) said 'attitude' not altitude.his concern is if he pitches up to, for example, 15deg the pssA32X doesn't hold 15deg but falls off and holds 11-12deg nose up.(i didn't respond to the issue specifically as i use a 'hacked' air file to correct the 'nose up on cruise and approach' issue.)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest purplemonkey

My apologies for not stating that it was an A320 that i was using.scoob correctly interpreted my question.Does anyone know of any fixes for this issue?The aircraft is flyable if you stick the AP in at 100ft AGL but absolute nonsense if you want to fly manually.Thanks guys

Guest purplemonkey

It seems that no one is able to address this issue.It seems that PSS 'accurate' and 'realistic' flight control model is far from what it claims to be.I would advise anyone to stay away from this product as it is far from realistic.For all those uneducated simmers out there an airbus is perfectly flyable with the autopilot and auto-thrust switched off... surely a sim costing

Guest vrandar

Advising people to stay away from PSS products is neither helpful nor productive - and you've not even had the courtesy to put your name on your posts. If you wish to stay away from it that is fine but many many pilots find it a very good aircraft to fly and have done for the last 4 years. No, it is not 100% realistic and at the time it was developed some of the flight laws were very difficult to model. So the sidestick behaviour is not 100% accurate compared to the real world, but frankly I have never had a moment's loss of sleep over that. I am sure you can find all sorts of things in a PMDG aircraft that do not model the real world. If you want better flight dynamics why not do the iFDG/PSS merge. We can't formally support it of course but I use it all the time and the flight dynamics are much better than the original default FDE.I don't know what your real world Airbus experience is, but you should be aware that although of course it is possible for an Airbus to fly with A/T switched off (and thrust will then correspond tho throttle position)but it is not Airbus SOP to do so in most circumstances. And why would you want to switch off A/T anyway? It is designed to be flown with it on so that the FADEC can do its job and this ios wqhat PSS has modelled. If you are trying to climb out with A/T off then I'm not surprised you have had problems. Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

just after the release of FS9 many folks were upset with the flight dynamics of the A32x (the flight dynamics were very good in FS8). a solution was found that works very well, and i've been flying 'hacked' air files since.i do find the A32x does need the correct trim setting from the start in order to hold selected pitch/roll. if you are not balanced it will search 'all over the place' in order to sort things out. through years of flight i've found i can 'guesstimate' correctly most times. this is a practice thing, and i have no publishable system except to suggest one flys the plane and take notes.i post this information taking no credit (i cut and pasted this information in a notepad file on mar. 14, '04). i can't even find info on the author(s) (so if you are reading this let me know and i'll properly credit you for this work) -[blockquote]Gents;Here's an 80% solution to the excessivley high pitch on final in the PSS A319/320/321.In the aircraft.cfg file for each variant, find the section labeled Flaps.0After the line system_type=1 add this line: lift_scalar=1.42For a more complete fix, each airfile also needs adjustment to table 404 to correct for FS9's handling of incidence angle and wing twist. This will fix the slightly high deck angle at cruise. The corrected table 404 values are:-3.141600 0.000000-2.748900 0.359900-2.376684 0.500000-1.983984 0.359900-1.591284 0.000000-0.194984 -0.990000-0.057484 0.006000-0.020484 0.1960000.228216 1.2690000.258816 1.2706000.278516 1.1998000.289516 1.1008000.342516 0.6687000.452516 -0.0187001.570800 -0.6385002.356200 -0.6400003.141601 0.000000---This is an addendum to my post above.The lift_scalar value of 1.42 works for the A319 and A320.Set the lift_scalar to 0.926 in the A321 aircraft.cfg file flaps.0 section.The table 404 correction works for all three.---For 3% Glideslope for all Airbuses.Make these changes in each aircraft.cfg files.===340-300[Flaps.0]type=1span-outboard=1.0extending-time=20system_type=1flaps-position.0= 0 flaps-position.1= 8flaps-position.2= 14flaps-position.3=18flaps-position.4=22flaps-position.5=32damaging-speed = 240 blowout-speed = 260 lift_scalar = .80 ; ******************* changeddrag_scalar = 1.0pitch_scalar= 1.0===340-200lift_scalar = .8 ===330-300===lift_scalar = 0.6===330-200===lift_scalar = 0.6===320[Flaps.0]type=1span-outboard=0.500000extending-time=20.000000system_type=1flaps-position.0=0.000000,0.000000flaps-position.1=7.998491,0.000000flaps-position.2=15.996982,0.000000flaps-position.3=23.995472,0.000000flaps-position.4=31.993963,0.000000flaps-position.5=39.992454,0.000000lift_scalar = 1.5 ; ********************* add this line[/blockquote]to close, to throw stones without a willingness to put your real name on a post shows a lack of respect to others. i have no problem if one disagrees with me (this is called debate and agreement isn't required). i do have a problem if someone is not respectful.even million dollar simulators are not real and don't get it perfect. real world pilots say looking out the 'window' the world graphics in FS9 and FSX are better.FS has its limitations. but if i were a microsoft billionair i don't know if i would buy a real simulator. reason: a real simulator is for one aircraft. FS allows me, with limitations, to fly any aircraft - even those that don't exist (ie, 787). it is this flexibility that is its downfall.in summary, NO PERSON is going to die because FS or an addon isn't 100% real.--

Guest bbain

You're right, I looked past the fact that I use a merge, maybe it is the iFDG model messing it up, that would make sense...but I used to fly this plane all the time back when I got it around a year ago and think I used to to transcons without this happening...I have always used the same iFDG model, but not sure about the flight dynamics. I use Pedro's latest FDE, and thought I had been...I run the latest unregistered version of FSUIPC, and all the problem's I've read about on this forum that have been solved by a registered version are different from mine. I've read about the plane losing airspeed, stalling, then nose-diving, or doing weird things when going through weather, like TOGA LK activating randomly, but my plane just cruises along on autopilot following its flight path, then enters a slow, unscheduled turn then rolls over more rapidly until it is in a nose-dive. According the the replay at least. I have crashes and aircraft collisions deactivated, so AI wouldn't be a factor. I will try searching the iFDG forums for answers. This is bizarre and frustrating because other than that, it is relatively stable and I can get past its flaws because it's fun to fly an airbus once in a whileBen

how can you blame PSS for a flight model they didn't create? contact iFDG with the concern.i've flowing the PSS for many many hours in FS8 and FS9. all early crashes have been the fault of the pilot not undertanding the flight system(s).i've flow the iFDG A318 since it was first released (frontier's little baby abus). never had a problem.i'm making the assumption you fly with AI. have you ever thought that the reason you have a crash is you have experienced an AI mid-air collision? in a replay situation no AI is displayed so you wouldn't know if you actually hit something (or something hit you). i've been 'smacked' by AI many times -- both FS's default and other AI developers: the AI aircraft was cruising at the incorrect altitude for the direction of flight.--

Guest purplemonkey

I am having some trouble with the PSS Airbus.When I rotate and set an attitude for the aircraft to hold when i release the joystick the aircraft's nose drops 3-4 degrees and then captures an attitude lower than the one I actually wanted to set.The PSS Airbus also slowly decreases its bank angle in turns. For instance I set 25 degrees bank and the aircraft (slowly 3 degrees/10secs) over a period of time will gradually roll wings level.This is not a true reflection of the real airbus flight control laws as the aircraft should hold 1g in any attitude within it's limits, i.e. you set 10 degrees nose up and 25 degrees angle of bank and the aircraft will hold that attitude until more or less it runs out of fuel.Is there something wrong with my PSS setup or is this a common fault.Any cures????Urgent assistance will greatly be appreciated.

Guest vrandar

Ben, your problem is certainly puzzling. If you would like to email me with your air file and aircraft.cfg I will have a look at them and see if I can spot anything obvious.Am I being stupid or has a post been deleted, this thread seems to have gone off at a tangent.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.