Sign in to follow this  
Guest fyrestrtr

Elevator Problem Persists

Guest fyrestrtr

I also noticed another issue. When taxiing, the plane is very slow to respond to my rudder commands.For a A319, it should be quicker than a 777 but it can't turn, it takes very long pushes on the left or right buttons to get it to turn in :(Before you ask, no, I'm not going too fast in taxi that the nosewheel is dragging.

>For a A319 ... it takes very long pushes on the left or right buttons to get it to turn in :( (emphasis added)Burhan:Am I reading correctly that you are using the keyboard, not a joystick to control the A32X & A330/340?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest fyrestrtr

Hello: I have read most of the threads, and have done the following steps: * Clean install with ONLY Airbus package * Start with default FS9 aircraft (B737) * Turn off engines (leave avionics on) * Go to desired airport * Change to A320 * Start up engines * Enter FP into FMC * Setup takeoff profile Still after doing all this; I have no elevator control. I also don't have the 'mouse flickering' problem anymore. The elevator is inoperable in both the A330 and the A319/320 series. Please, can someone lend me a clue here? I also did the '2,2' hack -- didn't change anything. Since I'm just goofing around; I manage to take the plane off the ground with aggressive trim; and after a rather hairy nose-up pitch; I activate the AP and then the plane calms down. I really don't have any other issues save for the elevator control; can someone tell me what I missed? Thanks for any help. Airbus is quite different than Boeing -- one of the first things that caught my attention was the fact that the throttle levels don't move at all even on auto throttle ... neat :D Rob, can you lend me your expertise on this, please?

Guest vrandar

...because if so you can't, unlike a default MS aircraft the PSS Airbus is not programmed to be flown with a keyboard, you must have a joystick and preferably one with a twist grip for rudder control. This would also explain the elevator control problems.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest fyrestrtr

Oh my my :( Could that be the source of all my troubles?I have been using the keyboard; I guess its time to dust off the joystick and see if its still works.I'll report back; thanks for the hint.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.