Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight_matt

After autopilot disconnection, the A320/PRO cannot be banked

Guest flight_matt

After autopilot disconnection, the A320/PRO cannot be bankedHi.Occasionally (actually it's fairly common), when I disconnect the autopilot on the A320/PRO, I am unable to steer the plane (this is not a fault with my MS-Sidewinder joystick...read on).If I look at the flight controls page, when I attempt to turn the aircraft the ailerons move in response to my joystick input. The speed brakes ALSO extend but the aircraft does not bank at all (I am not sure, but it could be that the speed brakes are extending to prevent the bank?).The ailerons, elevators and rudder DO react to joystick inputs as per normal.If I were to select a heading with the autopilot and re-engage it, the ailerons deflect to turn the aircraft towards that direction, but again, the speed brakes have also extended to block the bank and the aircraft cannot be banked into a turn.I was expecting this to be a common problem that others may have reported but I could not find it anywhere in this forum.In the space of two years, I have reinstalled windows, flight sim 2002 and 2004, but the problem is still there.The only remedy is to restart flight sim or attempt an emergency landing using only the rudder to turn the plane!Anyone have the same problem or can anyone offer a solution?Many thanks,Matt

Guest vrandar

I had the same problem and fixed it by setting one of the buttons on the joystick to do nothing. After disengaging the a/p I then press this button and it seems to "wake up" the joystick re-instating full control. Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.